Melt and Pour D20s

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score

I had a lot of fun making these! I thought I'd share.

The mold was made with Ecoflex 00-30 Super Soft Platinum Silicone, and Its my very first custom mold.

I'm using WSP's detergent free melt & pour base, in clear, with their stained glass violet liquid color, and super sparkle mica, and titanium dioxide and iron oxide for the accent colours.

These are the most complicated embeds I've made with melt and pour, but thanks to this forum and other generous people around the web, I knew to keep the temperature of the soap as low as I could, to keep the glitter in suspension and colours separate and use a pipette to place the colours.

I had a lot of fun making these! I thought I'd share...
The mold was made with Ecoflex 00-30 Super Soft Platinum Silicone, and Its my very first custom mold...
These are the most complicated embeds I've made with melt and pour.

OMGoodness! The swirl in each is perfect.

I just bought my kids their first sets of dice. My inner teen was surprised to see how affordable they are now. "Back in my day..." the comic shop kept them locked behind the glass counter as if they were precious jewels and you had to save up to buy them.

Since I'm not the one making the soap:
I think the mold needs to do ALL the different dice. Will you be painting the numbers, or leave them plain? Will these be in the top of some CP bars?

OMGoodness! The swirl in each is perfect.

I just bought my kids their first sets of dice. My inner teen was surprised to see how affordable they are now. "Back in my day..." the comic shop kept them locked behind the glass counter as if they were precious jewels and you had to save up to buy them.

Since I'm not the one making the soap:
I think the mold needs to do ALL the different dice. Will you be painting the numbers, or leave them plain? Will these be in the top of some CP bars?

Thank you!

Gosh yeah I remember those times, of course my favorite way to buy dice back some years back was the Chessex booth at Dragon*Con and their mug of dice. I've always coveted the dice made of tigers eye though.

I could make some more molds! I chose D20s because they're the most iconic, even non P&P gamers recognize them and what they're for, although I'm definitely getting a set of D8s for ~reasons~ so I'll make a mold with those for sure.

I'm back and forth with filling in the numbers, I'm not sure I have a fine enough brush or dotting tool for the job (or entirely the patience!)

They will be going on top of some CP bars! I'm planning a Mnt Dew scented bar with a in the pot swirl doing that lemon-lime colour and white, and some soap frosting with a matching mica drizzle, I should have some glamour shots of that later this week.

They look fantastic!

As to numbers, the last time I saw d20 soap at a con the soaps were about the size of my fist, maybe 6oz+. The die they used for the mold had deep enough impressions that they didn’t bother painting them in. I’m not sure it would be cost effective to take the time. If you do want to play with it the brushes for model painting should be fine enough.

They look fantastic!

As to numbers, the last time I saw d20 soap at a con the soaps were about the size of my fist, maybe 6oz+. The die they used for the mold had deep enough impressions that they didn’t bother painting them in. I’m not sure it would be cost effective to take the time. If you do want to play with it the brushes for model painting should be fine enough.
The large D20 soaps made with the think geek/loot crate mold are really popular, but I haven't seen any soaps with the normal sized dice made of soap and used as decoration, and I looked all over for a mold before I went ahead and made it myself.

The numbers are clearly visible on most of the facets of the dice, but it may just look better if they were painted in, I'd have to buy that paint brush just to do it though.

Back