Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlanta Lily

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone use Zenicolor? I’m currently using Zenicolor 5 to colour my soaps and I’m starting to run out of some of the tubes.

I’ve been looking at other options in the zenicolor range (zenicolor solo because I don’t use all colours in the zenicolor 5 pack). How does this compare to the zenicolor and do I use the same amount of product?

Also, I’m open to more suggestions on what to use to colouring melt and pour soaps, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Atlanta Lily

Hello
Does anyone use Zenicolor? I’m currently using Zenicolor 5 to colour my soaps and I’m starting to run out of some of the tubes.

I’ve been looking at other options in the zenicolor range (zenicolor solo because I don’t use all colours in the zenicolor 5 pack). How does this compare to the zenicolor and do I use the same amount of product?

Also, I’m open to more suggestions on what to use to colouring melt and pour soaps, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Atlanta Lily

Ive been using both - the Solos are essentially the same (if you get the same colour as the tubes) but some are slightly different.

They work in the same way but are harder to mix as you can’t measure the mixtures on a card (as you do for the zenicolor5) you need to do it by weight instead and some trial and error :)

Ive been using both - the Solos are essentially the same (if you get the same colour as the tubes) but some are slightly different.

They work in the same way but are harder to mix as you can’t measure the mixtures on a card (as you do for the zenicolor5) you need to do it by weight instead and some trial and error :)

Thanks for the tip. I am quite tempted with the solos as I’ve heard ‘a little goes a long way.’ It’s quite a vibrant colour (which I’m looking for and I don’t think I’d get that with the clays so much). The solos seem to be in good supply unlike the zenicolor pro (another option) where I found only one place sells them in the whole of the UK.

I have to ask…
Any tips for getting the colours similar strengths? Eg. 2g =1 cm on the card?

Thanks,
Atlanta Lily

Thanks for the tip. I am quite tempted with the solos as I’ve heard ‘a little goes a long way.’ It’s quite a vibrant colour (which I’m looking for and I don’t think I’d get that with the clays so much). The solos seem to be in good supply unlike the zenicolor pro (another option) where I found only one place sells them in the whole of the UK.

I have to ask…
Any tips for getting the colours similar strengths? Eg. 2g =1 cm on the card?

Thanks,
Atlanta Lily

If you get jewelers scales these are sensitive enough to measure the weight of 1cm worth of the paste...

I calculated 1cm to be roughly 0.3 grams of paste.

If you get jewelers scales these are sensitive enough to measure the weight of 1cm worth of the paste...

I calculated 1cm to be roughly 0.3 grams of paste.

Thanks so much @alistairuk!
I have some scales that will measure out a tiny amount like this. Thanks for the tip on the weight comparisons, I’ll give it a try!
Atlanta Lily

Back