Melt and Pour as Shampoo - Pleasant Surprise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Khanjari! I used Bramble Berry's Shea butter base, and I added olive oil to it. It's my first soap! I added 1 Tbs. olive oil to approx. 7 oz. Shea base, but it wasn't lathering well at all, so I added approx. 9 oz. of white glycerin base to bring it up to a pound of base. (I didn't realize the rule of thumb was 1 tbs. oils/butters to 1 lb. base, so after some research, I bumped up the base to a pound.) Plus, I added about a tsp. of liquid glycerin, and now it lathers quite well. I scented it with sweet orange EO and French vanilla FO, and it smells great. So, that's what my soap is! Hope that helps!
-Lushie

Thanks Lushie! I surely will try that. I have the raw Shea butter already so I may just try adding it to my regular base ( I already have a lot bought) but will surely use the recipe and give it another try.

You're welcome, Khanjari! If you already have plain base and raw Shea butter, I'd say go for it! :) Best of luck to you - I really hope it turns out!
-Lushie

Me too! I will definitely post my results here. I am going to try the soap sand like someone mentioned earlier, try to use the vinegar recipe for the conditioner.

Back