Melt and Pour Additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinatolle

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum, although not that new to soap making. I have been making M&P for a while and have tried to find the perfect amount of additives. I primarily work with SFIC Shea and SFIC Honey bases.

I use the following additives for my soap per pound:

1 oz sweet organic almond oil
.25 oz organic jojoba oil
.5 oz cocoa butter
1 oz shea butter

I would love to know what others add and in what quantities to a pound if you have the time to share. Thanks in advance.
Tina

I just started a thread about additives! I should have checked first.
I'm a total newbie
6.25 percent for the almond oil is much higher than I would have expected, do you use the cocoa butter to harden the bars? What kind of a lather does that produce?

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum, although not that new to soap making. I have been making M&P for a while and have tried to find the perfect amount of additives. I primarily work with SFIC Shea and SFIC Honey bases.

I use the following additives for my soap per pound:

1 oz sweet organic almond oil
.25 oz organic jojoba oil
.5 oz cocoa butter
1 oz shea butter

I would love to know what others add and in what quantities to a pound if you have the time to share. Thanks in advance.
Tina
I love using goat milk MP base and oils like cinnamon, almond, spiced caramel pear and others. Colors are also fun to put into my soaps, especially when I make soaps for holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back