MellonFriend's First Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
Well, here it is! My first soap. I think it went really well! I used olive, coconut, shea and castor with goats milk instead of water for my lye solution. I also added Kaolin clay. I think I got it to gel. It felt warm on the outside and looked darker all the way out to the edges while it was solidifying. I can't wait for it to be ready to use!
IMG_7898.JPG
IMG_7900.JPG
IMG_7899.JPG

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I swear it's my first soap! 😅

Yeah, sure, wink wink, your "first" soap....
Seriously, it's really lovely. What are your colorants? Any smellerants?
I used mica powder (Dibble Dabble bought off amazon) in Magenta and Indigo. I didn't scent it because I didn't want to add an extra step that could have accelerated my trace. I learned though, that with this recipe at least I really didn't need to rush as much as I did. I think I actually should have made my colors a little thicker because when I striped them on the top they sort of just pooled on top of each other.

Fair play! But now that you've peaked, what next? 🤣
I guess it's all downhill from here! My next one will probably seize. 🤪

Your first soap? Wow, beautifull, well done! 👏

My first soap had the color of that table your soaps are sitting on. I thought adding cocoa powder was a great idea, to make it look more "interesting". Well... ( --> 💩 )

On Saturday four weeks will be up, so I'm going to get to test it out for the first time. Yay! 😁

Yay for you!😊

You know, I never get tired of testing my soaps (usually end pieces or leftover batter that I pour in tiny molds).

I have done this for a long time, and I don`t know why, but I never get blasé when it comes to soap. I feel it is like a small miracle every single time I can make something so usefull and wonderfull out of simple ingredients!

Back