Meet Pistol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am sure many of you are tired of my bragging about my youngest granddaughter Autumn but here we go again, and another long story from me. Meet her newest friend Pistol. Ever since they moved up to Winnemucca, NV she has wanted her own horse but her parents could not afford one and still really cannot she is one determined little girl, now 13, so not a little girl. I have been wondering why she has not called me in almost 2 weeks, yes, I know she is a teenager with her first boyfriend but she still calls me almost daily, but it has been silent from here so I finally broke down and called her to find out what was up.

Pistol is what is up, her new horse and how did she acquire this new horse we ask, her aunt who moved out of the area, another whole story, abandoned 4 horses at the stable when Autumn used to take lessons, so her former coach has offered her Pistol and work on the ranch to pay for the board and feed until they can get Pistol on their own property. So she rides her 4-wheeler over there every day after school to train and care for Pistol. I forgot to mention Pistol is also wild, she was purchased at a BLM Auction, from what I was told and Autumn is the only person that can even handle her. The stupid aunt that had 14 foster kids which are now dumped back in the system since they moved out of state, thought she was rescuing the horses knew nothing about horses, dumped them on the stable. The stable owner is also a known horse trainer and is going to help Autumn train Pistol. Although Eileen can handle Pistol apparently Pistol is a handful for her but will calm down for Autumn.

I mentioned to Autumn about her not calling me or telling me about Pistol and she said she was told not to tell grammy so I asked if that was why she had not call and the answer was yes. So I asked question two, if I called would you have told me? Answer Yes
Question three did mommy tell you not to tell me? Answer Yes. Yep I figured.
So I did not call Grammy. LOL I cannot keep a secret from you:nonono:
I knew something was up. :dance: I practically raised this kid.
She is now trying to get her work permit so she can work on some other ranches and at the vet to earn money.

She a prime example parents can be very poor with hard lives and raise amazing children. It is so sad. My oldest with her demons and her husband that makes fantastic money are not doing a good job raising my youngest granddaughter at all. I would love to get custody of her and move her up with us but I know it will never happen. It is sad, they can give her the world and she has a dysfunctional home life. Sadly, my daughter cannot take care of herself let alone her daughter, at eight Dakota pretty takes care of herself. But they both have the nerve to judge her sister who has always struggled to put food on the table, because her husband does have some issues, but at least his daughter does come first. I quit now with my long drawn-out story. I am leaving Wed to see Autumn and Pistol. color me Happy Grammy. :dance:

Attachments

• Pistol2.jpg
    Pistol2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 9
  • AutNewFriend.jpg
    AutNewFriend.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 9
Carolyn, I absolutely love hearing about Autumn's triumphs against all odds! She is an amazing young girl and seems to have gotten a lot of spunk from her grandma. Gives me hope for the young generation after all, lol.

Even when you aren't in touch as often, you are such an important person in her life. So glad you get to go up there and visit really soon. 🥰 We will all keep praying that the house situation works out for you to move up there sooner rather than later, too.

Thank you Alison, we are heading up hoping to move along with grading. Materials are ordered. Hope all is well for the two of you.

At least she acquired the horse for free and it seemed to choose her as her human. She forms quite a bond with animals. Now I just pray she becomes trainable. They are going to train to put a saddle on her back today so as Autumn mentions she may turn into a Bronc.

Thank you Alison, we are heading up hoping to move along with grading. Materials are ordered. Hope all is well for the two of you.

At least she acquired the horse for free and it seemed to choose her as her human. She forms quite a bond with animals. Now I just pray she becomes trainable. They are going to train to put a saddle on her back today so as Autumn mentions she may turn into a Bronc.
With Autumn by her side, my guess is that Pistol will be just fine. There are a fair number of horses that will only be kind to children - and their one human that they have selected for life. No doubt Autumn will be that person for her.

With our horses, Karl and I used Clinton Anderson's Downunder Horsemanship method for training. If you want to get Autumn a very special present, I highly recommend the Fundamentals full DVD set. It was invaluable for both of us. I do love horses, but he's got the special way with them that I don't have. Anyway, he'd trained horses since he was a kid, but learning this program changed the way he did things. He saw much faster results with way less frustration for both horse and trainer. His last two horses were absolute messes when he got them, and when he sold them, they were suitable for confident riders.

And while I will probably never have the gift of training horses, the program taught me some valuable things, too. We ended up giving our DVD set to a friend who trained mustangs, otherwise I'd send it to you. She's done three horses with that method now and loves it.

Your granddaughter sounds amazing. Taking care of another being really helps to instill responsibility, but it does sound like she's already got that nailed. Riding and riding properly is also great exercise. My aunt rode horses well into her eighties and the doctors attributed a lot of her continued good health to that.
Anyway, best wishes to her and for her experience with her horse.

Latest posts

Back