Meet my puppy - and show me your pets!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snappyllama - I must say, Mr. Plumpers is the best name I have ever heard. We used to have a rat named Captain Noodles, but Mr. Plumpers has him beat!

That's adorable; I love the name Captain Noodles! That's the perfect rat name... so dignified!

Rats make such great pets. I had a pudgy one named Sigmund that made it to the ripe old age of three. His addiction to cheetos probably didn't help the chub. My daughter's fiance has one named Felipe that we got to rat-sit while they traveled. We restrained ourselves from feeding him anything but vet approved treats. Well okay, he got a couple of bits of brie... but he kept looking at us like he really wanted it...

Navigator, I have a book in my library called "Saving Audie," it's the story of one of Vick's pit bulls who was rescued and her recovery and adjustments to living in a house. Audie now works with a Pit Bull rescue group to bring a positive image to Pitts and helps socialize the dogs. I love reading it to my students and talking about rescuing animals.

BlackDog, Greta is adorable! I love the pic you caught her in. She looks so playful! It's such a great photo!

And again, all the kitties, kitties kitties, especially the black ones. I am partial to black kitties. (purrs)

Cindy, I am so glad you are healing! I don't know how you feel about tattoos, and I know you are married and your husband probably loves you no matter what. I know my boyfriend/hubby to be doesn't care about mine either, but I have considered a tattoo over my C-section scar. Just for me. You mentioned having to be cut stem to stem. If it bothers you, maybe that's a suggestion. I've done research and there are really beautiful tats done to cover scars. I'd have to have my whole body done to cover my stretch marks though. Haha. But the most important part is that you are OK!!!!!

I still haven't had time to catch a good photo of my mean little six-toe. I'll get her up here eventually. For now I can coo at everyone else's sweetlings! I want to come cuddle them all!

We have pictures, but I know these darlings have personalities! Like Greta outsmarts her people out of their seat. Solomon is addicted to 'going bye-bye' and the drive-thru window (Hardee's, etc) and Henry has to have his own piece of wire when I wrap jewelry, otherwise he is always smack in the middle of my work. Sometimes he sits on top of my beadbox anyway. Somehow he never pokes his eye out.

Share!

Navigator, I have a book in my library called "Saving Audie," it's the story of one of Vick's pit bulls who was rescued and her recovery and adjustments to living in a house. Audie now works with a Pit Bull rescue group to bring a positive image to Pitts and helps socialize the dogs. I love reading it to my students and talking about rescuing animals.

Pit bulls have such a horrendous reputation, but if dogs as badly treated as the Vick dogs were, can be rehabilitated and adopted into families, it speaks volumes for the breed. I haven't read the book you mention, but here is a nice article about it on the Best Friends website.
http://bestfriends.org/common/pages/news.aspx?id=21474910804

Twysted - no tattoos aren't my style, but I would describe myself as a 53 y/o tomboy so I have plenty of other scars/war wounds of life as memories. This one however takes the cake. It starts at my xiphoid process; (the cartilage section at the end of your sternum) goes straight down, makes a curve at my belly button and finally stops about an inch above the vagina.

If I was going to get a tattoo though, I would either do a pink clematis vine or a very large cobweb...... depending on my mood. Finally down to just Aleve for pain unless I try to bend too much, then it's straight to the pain killers.

My cat is just amazing though - He follows me everywhere and he sleeps right next to me "guarding" me. He's always been a mama's boy, but he also likes his "alone time". Not since I've been home though. Love crosses all boundaries.

I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay Cindy! You've been in my thoughts a lot of late ~ wondering how you are. You've really been through the ringer this year but it sounds like you're over the hump and heading in the right direction. Many prayers have been answered!!!!

I'll have to look for good pics of my furry babies to add to this thread. My special kids are my 2 manx cats. Maybe I'll have to talk them into a photo shoot tomorrow, lol.

I'm so excited! My landlord (I sublet from a friend) said it was ok to get a pet. No dogs (too loud), but a cat is ok. I've missed having a furry friend for a long time. And even better, another friend just happens to have a small litter they are looking to place in homes. So a sweet little fuzzball will hopefully be keeping me company soon. This makes my heart happy
Soon as I get the little bugger, I'll post pics

Back