Meet Houdini!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new Peacock Day Gecko (Phelsuma quadriocellata). His color is not showing well but all I have is my phone for the pic and the light is not good. This is only his temporary home until I get the larger vivarium set up. If LLL Reptile would ever get my order shipped I would get his tank finished. Now all I need is a girlfriend for him which I cannot find. If anyone knows of any CB female Peacock Gecko's for sale I would love to acquire one. My guy is around 1 yr old and needs a friend!

I had a beautiful breeding pair many years ago that I had to leave in the care of someone when we had to leave to go out of town, and when I returned my pair and 1 baby were all dead. I have waited for years to acquire another pair and now they are almost impossible to find, but I will keep trying. The breeder her came from is no longer breeding the regular size day geckos. She breeds Grandis Day Geckos that I am not interested in.
20200705_200352[1].jpg

Kinda thought you might from your Avatar!! Me too, I just love to watch his antics. 😁

I used to live in Arizona and we had a lot of wild geckos in our neighborhood and I even found a few inside. It explained why we didn't have a problem with roaches, scorpions and spiders. I started collecting gecko stuff when friends found out about both, they started calling me "Gecko".

I LOVE Houdini! I really thought about getting a couple crimson but I don't do well with high humidy reptiles. Are they as sensitive as chams?
I like watching videos of handfeeding, they seem like such curious little guys.

As long as you do not handle them they are quite hardy, and fun to watch, because they are so active with lots of antics. They have skin that can tear very easily which makes them not good for handling plus they are extremely fast. The pair I had before I had at least 6 years. They do require daily care like chams or a bio self-supporting tank with feedings every 3-4 days. I am going to set up a bio active tank with an auto watering system and fogger so hopefully, it will be pretty self-supporting, other than feeding.

Chams really pretty hardy but also require daily care but Freddy was never really right when I first purchased him, and I never expected Freddy to live a long life, but thought he would live longer than he did. My last Nosy Be I had for 10 years and he simply died of old age. That is what happens when you acquire reptiles from places like Petco and not private breeders.

Oh no, I didn't know freddy died:(. Poor little guy, at least he had a great home with you and not in a dry 10 gallon with some idiot kid.

As much as I like the tropical species, I think I'll stick to my desert snakes. I'll have to live vicariously through you and your geckos.

Back