Meet Clyde!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I managed to get in trouble with the hubby again. This is a pic of my new wild-caught P. Quadriocelleata aka Peacock (male) gecko. LOL, he thought I was being so good when I sold and shipped out 3 babies, to cut down on my 13 tanks that are in the living room. šŸ˜ Yeah, right I was just making room for another breeder and hopefully future babies. Soudini and Houdini refuse to get along so I needed to get her another mate hoping they get along. I hated to buy a WC but just had no choice. He is just in a little quarantine tank for the next 3 weeks.

Attachments

• Clyde3.jpg
    Clyde3.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 42
Well, what's life without a few little... discussions .... to spice things up? šŸ˜

Clyde is a handsome fellow for sure. Here's hoping that Soudini feels the same.

Well, what's life without a few little... discussions .... to spice things up? šŸ˜

Clyde is a handsome fellow for sure. Here's hoping that Soudini feels the same.
So do I. I can't wait to get him out of quarantine so I can try them together. I laugh at him, he is an eating machine. I sold off all but one baby, so I need more babies to fill my tanks. ;)

Hi Clyde. I [obviously] love geckos. I used to have them run wild in my home when I lived in Arizona as they ate roaches, scorpions and tarantulas.

Hi cmzaha, I see your avatar picture has what looks to be wooden giraffes. I saw some similar at a place called Austin's (a woodworking store in Santa Ana), and really wanted to buy one, but just didn't have a place to put them in my home, so I didn't get them, but I love your photo!

Hi cmzaha, I see your avatar picture has what looks to be wooden giraffes. I saw some similar at a place called Austin's (a woodworking store in Santa Ana), and really wanted to buy one, but just didn't have a place to put them in my home, so I didn't get them, but I love your photo!
Hi Christa, when did you see them at Austin's? The ones on display are now only private collections and not for sale. I purchased mine back in 2002 and 2005 from Autin's when they imported them from a village to help out the villagers. I love my Bob and Lucy. I do not know when you saw them but back in 2002, they had them downstairs in a room a full room upstairs filled, plus on the main floor area.

@Obsidian, thank you I love him but really not happy I could not acquire a CB male. How are your snakies doing and the beardie? I have not seen any updates lately?

@MellonFriend, the Geico Gecko is a Giant Day Gecko ie Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis and is the guilty party in making them popular. :D This guy is a Peacock Gecko which is considerably smaller than the Giants, but they are all in the Phelsuma family. I raised these guys almost 40 yrs ago when they were easy to find, now folks want the giants and there is less interest in the Peacocks ie Phelsuma quadriocellata, but they are slowly becoming of interest again.

It was probably back in 2002 or so and they told me the story of how they got all the giraffes. They had so many and they were so beautiful! When I saw your picture, and saw that you were from California I kind of wondered whether you got them at Austin's. I was there a couple of months ago and saw that they had a small display and again wished that I had gotten one! Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory.

It was probably back in 2002 or so and they told me the story of how they got all the giraffes. They had so many and they were so beautiful! When I saw your picture, and saw that you were from California I kind of wondered whether you got them at Austin's. I was there a couple of months ago and saw that they had a small display and again wished that I had gotten one! Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory.
I was sad I could not buy one more. I wanted a 4' baby and missed all the smaller ones. Bob is 6' and Lucy 5'. I love Austin Hardwoods and I am from Whittier so we are close. Just curious are you a woodworker? They have such beautiful woods at Austin.

I was sad I could not buy one more. I wanted a 4' baby and missed all the smaller ones. Bob is 6' and Lucy 5'. I love Austin Hardwoods and I am from Whittier so we are close. Just curious are you a woodworker? They have such beautiful woods at Austin.
I am just down the road from you - in Fullerton - and am fairly new to the soapmaking forum. I am not a woodworker but a friend is, so whenever I have a project for him I go to Austin's to pick out the things I need. I love going there - it smells good and has beautiful wood. I'm glad you got some of the giraffes and know that you love looking at them. They had such fine workmanship.

@cmzaha the snakes are doing well. I posted pictures a month or so ago.
I ended up rehoming the beardie. As much as I like him, he wasn't a pet I planned on getting and just wasn't enjoying him.
He went to a amazing home with a experienced beardie owner and he can finally get out of cage time without a dog trying to eat him.

While I understand wanting CB, I do believe we occasionally need WC to introduce new blood into the captive population.

@cmzaha the snakes are doing well. I posted pictures a month or so ago.
I ended up rehoming the beardie. As much as I like him, he wasn't a pet I planned on getting and just wasn't enjoying him.
He went to a amazing home with a experienced beardie owner and he can finally get out of cage time without a dog trying to eat him.

While I understand wanting CB, I do believe we occasionally need WC to introduce new blood into the captive population.
There is nothing wrong with re-homing if I remember you rescued the beardie, to begin with. They do like to get out, roam and interact with people. If I ever get my new home and reptile house I will get my granddaughter a beardie, who will be able to free-range in the reptile room during the day.

It is true about introducing a new bloodline which is one reason I broke down and purchased my WC boy. What I hate is not having any idea of his age since he is an adult. Once I have him out of quarantine I plan on introducing him to one of my females and hope they do not kill each other. Or I am considering purchasing another WC female to start another full line. Tony will strangle me. :nonono: Not that it stops me...šŸ˜

OMG that's what I get for skimming over posts. I thought you were talking about lizards when I first started reading. I'm like what the heck are you breeding? Alligators?

Congrats on your new LITTLE baby lol. He is a cutie

Love your gecko, beautiful colour. Wild caught - did you go out with a net and catch him ?

Latest posts

Back