Measuring out ROE?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
How do you measure out the ROE to add to your soaps ? I use a regular small scale for measuring my oils, but since I'm only adding such a tiny amount of ROE, what kind of scale or measuring device do you use in order to get the right amount? Also from what I read it says to add no more than 0.5 grams in of ROE per 1000 grams of fat. My recipe is as follows per fats

Palm kernel oil- 181.44 grams
Palm oil - 725.75 grams

How much ROE do I add? Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I'm adding ROE to my soaps.

I use a jeweler's scale, but even so, weighin minimal amounts of ROE for a small batch challenges an tiny scale. So what I did was to measure out multiple drops of ROE, using the dropper that came in the bottle. After weighing out a specific amount of ROE, I did calculations of how many drops are needed to obtain the weight I need for a given soap formula, and keep this information in my soaping notebook as reference. I did this because I was worried that questimating how many drops I needed at any given time was going to cause me some trouble, and I prefer to be at least a bit more accurate than that.

I hope that helps. I'm nodding off because my sleep is turned around this week, so if I was unclear, I'm sorry.

Back