Masterbatching micas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I think I've seen a thread about it, but can't seem to find it.
Anyway, is it worth doing? I have a difficult time with the powder, as my hands shake pretty badly sometimes. I use micas for oil, and it seems if I could masterbatch a couple ounces of color at a time, it would work better for me. If I were to try it, what would be a decent mica to oil ratio?

I don't know why you couldn't. Folks do it with TD all the time.

If i was going to try it, I'd either mix with glycerin so I wouldn't have to worry about my oil going off or use an oil with a very long shelf life. I normally premix my micas before each batch, so I'd just stick with that consistency. I normally use just enough oil to make the mica pour able.

I'm also premixing, and it usually works. But in the last few days, I've made 4 batches with the same green in them. It'd be so much easier if I just had a bottle of color. I was thinking of using olive oil, since I always have it.

I don't know why you couldn't. Folks do it with TD all the time.

If i was going to try it, I'd either mix with glycerin so I wouldn't have to worry about my oil going off or use an oil with a very long shelf life. I normally premix my micas before each batch, so I'd just stick with that consistency. I normally use just enough oil to make the mica pour able.

Back