Quantcast

Master batch/ Re-batching?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

xmaker1

Reaction score
What would be the downside if any to making a large batch of soap letting it saponify then use it as if it were similar to melt and pour and just rebatch in a crockpot a pound or two at a time with the mica and scent added to the crockpot.

From what I've read it takes less fragrance though I am also curious how mica and botanicals respond in rebatching does anyone have first hand experience?

Hazel

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion - it would be a little more work plus it's not going to be as fluid as MP so it won't swirl as well. But I could be wrong about the swirling. You might be able to get a rebatch more fluid than I've been able to do. The pros for it are less fragrance (as you already mentioned) and botanicals not being exposed to lye.

I think it would be easier to use HP and add the fragrance and botanicals after the cook. However, you could do it. I did four batches last year without colorant and scent to use for rebatching. It was a pain to chop/shred the loaves so I haven't made big batches like that again. I do make small batches, color them and chop/shred to add to CP or HP batches. For HP, I find it easier than taking the soap out to color and then putting it back into the pot. I don't get swirls but I like the flecks of colors dispersed through the soap. I do it for some CP batches because I want flecks or chunks of color in the soap.

dalewaite48

Reaction score
What would be the downside if any to making a large batch of soap letting it saponify then use it as if it were similar to melt and pour and just rebatch in a crockpot a pound or two at a time with the mica and scent added to the crockpot.

From what I've read it takes less fragrance though I am also curious how mica and botanicals respond in rebatching does anyone have first hand experience?

I don't go that far, at least of making it into actual soap, but I do have I call a master batch of oils I melt and mix up at one time and then store in a covered 5 Gallon pail. When I am ready to make soap I just mix it up real good and then weigh out what I need and then make whatever soap I happened to be making. It saves a lot of time and cleanup.

xmaker1

Reaction score
I've decided to try a test batch with the mica added first then scent during the rebatching will report back with the results.

Latest posts