Mashed papaya

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
I have searched for some info but cant really find any....

so ......does anyone have experience soaping or using in lipbalm etc with mashed up papaya, it grows plentiful here most people have at least one neighbour with a tree in their back yard, so I though y not try some.....

paw paw ointment is a huge hit here too as it so good for dry or irritated skin , both in humans and animals......

any ideas ???

i have not used papaya but i have used strawberries, pumpkin, and cucumbers. I just puree them and i do i water discount so if my recipe calls for 20oz of water and i want to use 5oz pureed fruit or veggies i just subtract 5 from my total water and add the fruit or veggies

you could ad the pulp at trace. i usually add it to my water/lye mixture after it has cooled off some

I wouldn't use it in a lip balm, since mango is water soluble and oils are not. You would have to emulsify it and it would be a challenge to preserve it.

Thanks again Irena, I was just reading my paw paw ointment jar that I have here and it has a preservative in it , and from what I have read in the net it is also mixed with petrolium jelly ....so it looks like soap it is lol.....mmmmm wondering which neighbour wont miss a papaya lol

Think I'd rather eat them at the moment Traceyann, got one in the frig cut up and still have one to cut. Bought them at Aldi for $1.99 ea. Thought that was good value,they are the red ones. Yummmm.

Tried the pigs with it and they don't like it, but they like watermelon.

Relle.

Ohhh yeah , mine adore watermelon, is great to get their fluid intake up , try honeydew and mango and rockmelon.....they like them too...great cut up in lil pieces and frozen into a block......cools them down as well as feeding them.......sorry off topic .....

Latest posts

Back