Mashed banana soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can give you a little clue when soaping with bananas which I did often because I hated wasting bananas and did not make banana bread. We loved banana bread but did not need the calories, so I would use up my overripe bananas in a lot of my Dragon Blood soaps since they would turn brown. ;);)

First off when using milk other than GM you do not need to freeze them because they do not tend to overheat the same as goat's milk. If you do not want to use 50/50 water to milk/banana mixture here is how I would do it. Reserve some milk to blend your banana into then mix your lye into your remaining normal cold almond, oat soy, etc milk and set it aside. Your banana is what contains sugar and will cause the lye to overheat so do not mix it with your lye. Take your reserved milk and blend your banana into it well and pour this into your oils stick and blend it into your oils. Now proceed to soap as normal. As for avoiding gel one trick is to chill your mold, and soap cool then instead of putting your soap in the freezer put your mold on a cookie cooling rack with a fan directed towards your mold so all sides will start cooling down. Try not to have it blowing across the top until the top is set or it can disrupt your top swirl if you poured at a light trace, once set you can move the fan to blow directly across your soap. I found this method works better than putting my soap in the freezer. Credit for this method goes to DeeAnna.

I also never had banana soap spoil when it is blended well, it just helps with lather because of all the sugar bananas contain. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back