Marshmallow Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
I received a Marshmallow Soap from a fellow soaper and would like to replicate it (I respect her choice not to share her recipe) for all the grandbabies for Christmas. Given that what available information there is seems to point to two simple ingredients...Melt and Pour and Liquid Soap...it is doable.

For those who have made it, I have a few questions:

1) Is Saint Terra's Castile M&P Soap be acceptable? It's more of a Bastile, than true Castile, but I can read and pronounce the ingredient label (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitan Oleate, Oat Protein, Titanium Dioxide). LOL

2) Same with a liquid Castile Soap by Honeydew and again, with a similar ingredient label (Water, Potassium Oleate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Potassium Citrate, Olive Oil, Citric Acid).

Since I wasn't planning on putting in a soap order until January, I am looking to Amazon.

3) Can I use a cavity mold or should I use a slab mold?

4) Since I am using pre-made soap, am I correct in assuming that it is safe to use my regular hand-mixer on these?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions.

I've never heard of Marshmallow soap- what is the texture like? Is it squishy like marshmallows? Because if it is, I need to place an order and re-think my weekend plans.

Yes, feels like marshmallows, especially if you lightly dust with cornstarch.

I have BubbleGum, Cotton Candy and MonkeyFarts FOs...going to try all three.

Gecko, did you get the Cotton Candy from WSP during their recent sale? Have you used it before? I was wondering how it does in soap. And how it smells OOB?

Mine is from RE. It’ll be the first time using it.

@earlene i bought cotton candy twist from WSP recently. Not sure how different it is from the regular one. I haven’t used it yet, it smells pleasant but a bit fruity, not quite Cotton candy like OOB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back