Market Fail!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not exactly sure where too put this, but it’s too funny not to share. Do you have a market fail?

Attachments

• E699D8F1-4A20-42AE-9277-F50F7238B549.jpeg
    E699D8F1-4A20-42AE-9277-F50F7238B549.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 0
lol, Oh yes, my signs have done that if they are at the front of my tent. I use the liquid chalk at the front of the tent now.

My biggest market fail was this past week. It was a popup celebrating a railroad park opening. I almost cried tbh. I live near New Orleans and it's normal for us to get rain in the summer at some point during the day but what hit was a torrential downpour. It lasted maybe 15 minutes but it was long enough for the water to pool at the back of my tent area and for my cart to fall down into the giant puddle. Everything got SOAKED. One of my non-waterproof duffle bags was covered over the top. My shower steamer bags and all the bath bomb powder bags were soaked. One of my plastic containers of soap fell in such a way that the top was open. I've had to replace packaging on everything that was in the puddle, all my shampoos and conditioners are gone, I've been scared to check on my bath bomb powder and shower steamers because the bags were sealed but if there was a hole somewhere they are gone too. My tablecloths were soaked. My chair and its holder were soaked. Ahh heck, my feet were soaked.

lol, Oh yes, my signs have done that if they are at the front of my tent. I use the liquid chalk at the front of the tent now.

My biggest market fail was this past week. It was a popup celebrating a railroad park opening. I almost cried tbh. I live near New Orleans and it's normal for us to get rain in the summer at some point during the day but what hit was a torrential downpour. It lasted maybe 15 minutes but it was long enough for the water to pool at the back of my tent area and for my cart to fall down into the giant puddle. Everything got SOAKED. One of my non-waterproof duffle bags was covered over the top. My shower steamer bags and all the bath bomb powder bags were soaked. One of my plastic containers of soap fell in such a way that the top was open. I've had to replace packaging on everything that was in the puddle, all my shampoos and conditioners are gone, I've been scared to check on my bath bomb powder and shower steamers because the bags were sealed but if there was a hole somewhere they are gone too. My tablecloths were soaked. My chair and its holder were soaked. Ahh heck, my feet were soaked.
Oh dear! I’m so very sorry. That’s a real tragedy! I hope you recover fully and have great sales from here on!! I’d be kind of traumatized.

I wasn’t sure if my perforated shrink wrap would allow the bath bombs to activate if they got rained on. The rain was blowing sideways, so I couldn’t dry them fast enough. If they activated inside would the shrink wrap explode? I almost want to try it for science.

Oh dear! I’m so very sorry. That’s a real tragedy! I hope you recover fully and have great sales from here on!! I’d be kind of traumatized.

I wasn’t sure if my perforated shrink wrap would allow the bath bombs to activate if they got rained on. The rain was blowing sideways, so I couldn’t dry them fast enough. If they activated inside would the shrink wrap explode? I almost want to try it for science.
I almost cried so yes lol. I'm better now but I really almost didn't finish the market because I was so upset.

I'm not sure about the perforated shrink wrap either. Mine are all shrink wrapped and I didnt see anything set off. I'm concerned about my bagged bombs because I put holes in the bag myself since the bags started expanding after. I didn't do the same with my shower steamers because they weren't doing that but I still don't know if that means anything. I haven't wanted to look. I hope your stuff is ok.

Latest posts

Back