March 2023 SMF Soap Challenge - Trip or Travel inspired

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entries are all amazing - WOW you guys! I really thought I wasn't going to have time this month. During the first part of the month hubby and I both had covid. We are both well now, no worries. Following that we had rescheduled everything we had to cancel before he had surgery last week. Surgery went well and he is recovering, but still having some pain and can't lift anything for another two weeks. I'm picking up the slack of the things he usually does, which is fine but cutting into my 'fun' time. Then the time I did have available to make soap was dedicated to getting ready for the April challenge. Yesterday I found a short window to make a soap for this challenge. It's nothing like the gorgeous entries, but I have a story I want to tell. Hoping to get photos tomorrow and squeak in an entry. If I don't manage it, I will still post it here and share the story.
Yay - the stories are my favorite part!

Sincerest apologies. I won't be able to participate in this challenge as hoped. Mom is back in the hospital and things are looking grim. I'm blown away by all of the entries and wish ever contestant the absolute best. Clearly, you all deserve to win!
So sorry to hear that.. Wishing you all the bestā¤ļø

I will be a bit late in closing the entry thread (which is supposed to be in a few hours). If anyone is rushing to enter, you have about 12hours more than previously announcedšŸ˜‰

I will be a bit late in closing the entry thread (which is supposed to be in a few hours). If anyone is rushing to enter, you have about 12hours more than previously announcedšŸ˜‰
Thank you so much for the heads-up!

I DID end up making a batch last night. Let's call it a "simplified" and "abstract" version of my original idea. I was worried about getting the post in on time, so...

1679957260517.png

Congratulations to the winners! @basti, your colors and design are spot on. @Cindy D. the piece of art you created and the detail is amazing. Well done! @Vicki C I am so impressed with the molds you made which resulted in soap rocks that look absolutely real. @Blufuz Provence is so high on my travel wish list. The ochre mines are so beautiful and reflecting the colors in your soap was a lovely choice.

I loved all of the soaps this month, and especially loved the stories you all shared. What a fun challenge - thank you @szaza!

Congratulations everybody that was a hard one to choose from. I hope everybody had fun. I sure did and I can't wait to see what the next challenge is. I really hope all the winners have a wonderful day.

Latest posts

Back