March 2023 SMF Soap Challenge - Trip or Travel inspired

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. basti - omgomgomgomgomg 🏃‍♂️
2.Vicki C - love this!
3. CreativeWeirdo - I am SO here for this!!!
4. Blufuz - perfect occasion 😊
5. The_Emerald_Chicken - Ideas are brewing ☕
6. @Nicolesica (Added back with sincerest apologies!)
7. River S. - My first contest entry. Let the travel games begin!
8. CLMP this will be fun!

2.Vicki C - love this!
9.Nanna-so excited for this one👏

Well I'm a little nervous 😓 I ordered something I'm planing for my soap I'm making for the challenge and my order hasn't come yet so I phoned them and they are going to try and get it to me by the 22. So this is cutting it so close to the dead line I just hope I can do it on time please wait for my soap to vote I will do my best to get it in before the dead line either that I will have to make my soap with out it but it won't be as nice.

Well I'm a little nervous 😓 I ordered something I'm planing for my soap I'm making for the challenge and my order hasn't come yet so I phoned them and they are going to try and get it to me by the 22. So this is cutting it so close to the dead line I just hope I can do it on time please wait for my soap to vote I will do my best to get it in before the dead line either that I will have to make my soap with out it but it won't be as nice.
I'll be crossing my fingers hoping you'll get your soaping stuff in time! 🤞🤞🤞 Can't wait to see what you came up with 😁

2.Vicki C - love this!
9.Nanna-so excited for this one👏
10. Cindy D.- this should be cool!

Right now it looks I’m going to have to sit on the sidelines and watch this one. i can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Too bad! I'm sure you would've made a gorgeous and inspired soap. I hope they're good things preventing you from making soap😉

Shoot. I am so sorry everyone, but it looks like I’m going to have to bow out. Life just keeps on happening. I’m sorry 😣

Oh my gosh, I misread the cutoff date. I still have time to enter? I have a cpl free days😃
Yay! Yes, the Entry thread will only close on 27/03 at 23:59 GMT, so you still have a bit more than 5 days left.

@Vicki C those rocks are amazing! 🤩 How do you make the speckled pattern?
Thank you! I love your soap. And I love your story but what a shame about the lavender. My son spent a high school semester in Aix en Provence - we visited but did not see those gorgeous mines.
The soap… the dark one was made with some shavings of experimental iron oxide and salt bars I had made. I blended these really well with the warm oils before adding the lye. The green ones were made with some failed pull through kaleidoscope round bars I had tried to make with chrome oxide for the January SMF challenge. I blended these with the warm oils but less vigorously, to try to retain some green particles. The granite looking one I made with iron oxide shavings again, but didn’t use a stick blender and added some titanium dioxide to make the background lighter. I have found that I have to keep the batter pourable - with these molds it’s easy to get air pockets if the batter is too thick. There were two other batches that didn’t work for that reason. So, accelerating fragrances really don’t work for this.
@Blufuz - what a beautiful soap and story. I could picture it through your words and my heart sank when your bottle of lavender EO broke. Thanks for sharing and great job 🌸

@Vicki C - those rock soaps 😍 and what cute pics of your family! I love love love the hidden soap rocks, too! 🌸
Thanks so much! My grandson is a sweetheart. ❤️

Back