March 2019 SMF Challenge - Felted Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought some roving and needles last Friday. It wasn't too expensive (here in Denmark, everything is expensive! I think it was around $15 US total). The sheep might be a good way to cover up some of my failed rock soaps from last month's challenge!

The challenge soaps you entered are so cheerful and happy (I especially liked the garden one with the butterfly :)) SunRiseArts ... I agree with dibbles and think this challenge would be perfect for your art!
SunRiseArts.gif

Last edited:
SunRiseArts, I do hope you enter. Those are so gorgeous. I also have some traveling felted soap that I used for quite a while until it shrank down to a sliver. The felting shrank down with the soap and is now just a small bit of wool with a sliver of soap inside at sink-side in my bathroom at home. I have yet to put another felted soap back into my travel kit. When I get back home, I should take a look and see if I have one small enough to fit into my kit bag. Such a good idea to make it the primary travel soap.

MarnieSoapien, great job on the sheep soaps. Really nice looking.

I am in Texas right now and will be on the road all day today. My granddaughter is moving, so I came down here to help out with that process. I'll be headed back home again in a couple of days, so will be more available on this thread quite soon. I am sorry for my absence for the last few days.

All the soaps are incredible, the one with oranges, the fish....but I love sheeps and those are so cute...love it!!

Wow, it's only 2 days to opening the entry thread! I just got home again from Texas last night. While on my way back home I decided to stay in a hotel along the way and had a few extra hours where I was going to felt some travel soaps I had with me, so I stopped at Hobby Lobby and bought what I needed since I had not brought anything along with me for this project. So now I have a bunch more roving, since I didn't do the project.

My hotel stay that last night was a fiasco. First their were several problems with the room, but the kicker was when I got locked in my room and couldn't get out. They had to break the door down. They comped the room and moved me to another one, but by that time, my peaceful fun project had flown out of my mind and I wasn't in the mood to felt soap. Apparently I wasn't able to sleep all that well either, as I kept feeling like I was going to nod off on the road on the way home yesterday, and had to make several stops just to rest and try and wake up. I even took a nap at a rest area at one point because I was so tired. And my husband is home sick from work, so I may not get around to doing much in the way of felting soap for fun today either.

In any case, I am looking forward to seeing what you all do for your felted soap projects and do hope you share some of your non-entries here on this thread. If I do get to making more as I was hoping to do a couple of days ago, I will also share them here because felting soap is a really fun past-time.

I may or may not have time to have a go at this, if I do, I'll add my name to the sign up. It's sparked some ideas in my mind anyway, which is funny because when I first saw the challenge topic I thought nope this one's not for me. But apparently you've convinced me lol

1. zanzalawi - cant wait to try it!
2. MarnieSoapien - time to make some fuzzy soap!
3. Amy78130
4. Clarice - gonna try try try!
5. Cerelife
6.SunRuseArts

@earlene Your felted landscape (before adding the soap) is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I adore wool, and am excited to see all the cute and fun things that members will come up with!

I work in layers and I have my second layer drying. It will take me 2 days to finish. Do I still have time?

I work in layers and I have my second layer drying. It will take me 2 days to finish. Do I still have time?
It would seem you have plenty of time. From the guidelines:
The Entry thread will open on March 24, 2019 (Please follow the challenge specific rules as to what you need to enter)
After the closing date March 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST the winning entry will be chosen

I just bought some roving and needles last Friday. It wasn't too expensive (here in Denmark, everything is expensive! I think it was around $15 US total). The sheep might be a good way to cover up some of my failed rock soaps from last month's challenge!

I LOVED your rock soaps, Marnie!!! (and voted for them) Not a fail at all, dear.

Latest posts

Back