Maple Syrup in HP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using apple cider and honey in my HP soap, 2tbs of each warmed together and added after the cook. I really have liked it so far and I was wondering if anyone has used maple syrup.

We were in the Adirondacks this passed weekend and hubby bought a half gallon! Truth be told I bought some honey too. Just wondering if they are in anyway interchangeable as an added sugar.

I tried maple syrup a few years ago and got an instant lye water volcano. I swapped the same amount of syrup for the usual amount of honey I use. Lesson learned! Not all sugars are created equal. I was just annoyed enough that I didn't try it again. I think you should give it a shot but go with less than you'd normally use of honey. Half maybe? Do a small batch and see how you like it. It might turn out nice using a smaller amount.

I used molasses at the same rate as sugar/honey. It made a nice soap. I don't think it would be much different for maple syrup.

Latest posts

Back