Many worries today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dad is in an ICU in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area) with what may be sepsis, as well as pneumonia and heart issues. They have him on four different kinds of antibiotics, Lasixs, prednisone and I don’t know what else. His lactic acid is > 4, which I think is bad, but I haven’t really had time to figure it out yet. I am about to leave for the airport and there’s a **** hurricane headed for the Florida coastline. I’m trying to hold it together, but it’s challenging. Please send me whatever positive energy you can for the coming days. TIA MB

He’s a fighter and has survived a lot of health crises but now 88 so I get more and more worried with time.

I will channel the positive energy and prayers his way! My sisters are on their way now, which is making me feel a lot stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers for your Dad. Keep hope and positive thoughts going. The ICU is the best place for him and he will have one on one attention from the Nurses. ICU nurses are among the best and will keep you informed and help you through this.

Based on the most recent update, my dad seems to be on a little upswing! My chances of getting out of Virginia tonight seem to be going down. I just hit 5 hrs in the airport and they’re still trying to fix the plane.

Many prayers for your dad and family. talking-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif
I went through that with my stepdad, but he was 92.

Last edited:
My thoughts are with you and your family at this stressful time. So good that your sisters will be able to be with you also. Helps so much having the support

Back