Manufacturer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordankb

Reaction score
Does anyone know some good businesses that would make my soap to my recipe? I figure a company can make soap a lot cheaper per bar than I can. Any help would be awesome!

I have the same dilemma, except with lotion. I make my own to a formula that I developed over a couple of years and I will never stop making it. But....I need to make a living and cannot make enough of it myself to distribute island-wide.

I see nothing wrong with Jordan outsourcing the manufacturing of her soap using her recipe and using her creative ideas....

There are some companies (search google for 'custom soap' etc) but if they do it to your recipe they will charge a set-up fee and for a test batch....

If you are a soapmaker then what would be the point in someone else making it for you. You Most of us here make our own soap to sell or give to family/ friends because we like making it. If I had my soap made in a factory it would no longer be handmade artisan soap made by me.

There's only so much soap one can make in a day. If sales exceed this amount there's only a few options: 1) scale up somehow (may require tens of thousands of dollars of investment); 2) raise prices to tamp down demand; or 3) hire some help.

Outsourcing is a good option for both 1 & 3.

That said, I'm interested if OP found any answers.

Latest posts

Back