Mango from ED

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommysoaper

Reaction score
I tried a new FO-- Mango madness from ED. Now usually I only order lye and some EOs from ED, but decided, "What the heck?" the other day and ordered two FOs: Clean Cotton and Mango madness. I didn't use CP for the Clean Cotton but put it into my liquid laundry soap-- not bad. Just tried using the Mango Madness last night and had my entire batch seize up on me! Ugh! I dumped the FO in and then turned around to put the FO container into the sink and by the time I returned to the soap (about 10 seconds) the soap was hard as a rock! I freaked a bit since this was the first time I've had a batch completely seize. I managed to break it up with a spoon and then stick blend it into submission before glopping it into my mold. Looks ok this morning and smells great, but may be using this FO in liquid soap and scrubs and not CP.

It's all good! Gave me an excuse to make an extra batch of soap since I had originally wanted to practice a tiger stripe pattern, so I just made more using a different FO.

Any excuse to make that extra batch of soap ;-) I am sorry that your soap seized up on you though, and thank you for the warning.

I have use the mango fo from ED as well. It soaped beautifully for me. Perhaps you had more hard oils in your recipe. I used it to pipe soap cake frosting. I actually like EDs FOs and have purchased quite a few of them. I love the bubblegum, rose garden, lily valley, chocolate, vanilla, pineapple is awesome, .....and I could go on.

Last edited:
I have use the mango fo from ED as well. It soaped beautifully for me. Perhaps you had more hard oils in your recipe. I used it to pipe soap cake frosting. I actually like EDs FOs and have purchased quite a few of them. I love the bubblegum, rose garden, lily valley, chocolate, vanilla, pineapple is awesome, .....and I could go on.

Yeah, this is the only one I had trouble with. My recipe was pretty basic, olive, CO, PO, soybean and castor. Will have to check my notes for percentages later. I've used this recipe before with out issues. may have soaped a bit too warm but not sure. I always stick my lye solution in a snow bank outside while I prepare the oils, mold and colors. I guess I just had bad luck. I think the soap will be fine and it smells awesome, just wished I could've done my tiger stripe with it.

Here's a pic of the soap cut though. The kids will love it for their bath soap even without the fancy stripes!

IMG_4660.jpg

Your soap is beautiful, perfect color for mango, would never know that you had trouble and it had seized! My seized batch wasn't very pretty. It is good to hear that there are some nice fragrance oils at ED, I have always added a couple of essential oils since I was already paying shipping, and their prices are good on essential oils. I love their Rosemary, and like the thyme and basil. The only one that I wouldn't buy again is the lavandin, and because of that I most likely won't try the lavender.

Back