Mango Butter, do you like it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NameThatCandy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to try Mango Butter, does it similar to shea butter and cocoa butter? Does it really smell like Mango?

Thanks

I LOVE IT !!!!!

I've never used cooca butter but I'd would say it's more like cocoa butter but not as hard. It's great to work with and awesome for the skin as well. I would say right up with shea butter. Google it, and you will find a lot of great info on it. Personally I would use it before cocoa butter before it has so many skin healing properies. But that's just me.

But no it does not smell like mangos and in fact it really doesn't have a smell, and it's a whitish color.

Try some, you will love it !!!!
and google it to learn more about what it can do for the skin.

I LOVE IT TOO!!!

I have used it before in soap, but use it more often in my lotions, creams and emulsified body butters. Like Faithy says, no smell at all and the stuff I have is just slightly softer than coco butter, but harder than shea. It does melt and feel nice on the skin.

Paul

I am going to order some with my next order. I wish it smells like mango! hahaha... :)

For soap, how many % do you use? I use 10% of Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter. Is 10% too much for mango butter?

thanks

Like Paul I use it at the same rate as I would use my shea butter.

I use it in both soaps and my lotion/creams.

pssssst..... in soap i use 5% mango butter and most of my liquid is heavy cream, the rest of the liquid is aloe juice and OMG that makes AWESOME soap..... I love heavy cream with mango butter in soap. Very rich and creamy!!!!!! Wonderful on the skin !!!!!

I don't typically use it in my soap. I do use it in body butters and a little bit in my bath bombs. I love the stuff. To me, it is not as greasy as shea and is not as an intense moisturizer as shea. It penetrates the skin well. That is why I like to put a bit in my bath bombs.

HUGE Mango Butter fan here! *waves hand in air*

I use it just like shea butter, and yeah, no scent and very light ivory...

I use at 10% in my CP recipes.

FYI - You can buy butter blends like mango/shea, cocoa butter/mango, cocoa butter/shea, etc. from Oils by Nature. You can make your blends yourself as well.

I love mango butter! I use it in this soap called Exotica made with a mix of tropical fo's and the butter. Smells and feels heavenly!

faithy said:
But no it does not smell like mangos and in fact it really doesn't have a smell, and it's a whitish color.

Try some, you will love it !!!!
and google it to learn more about what it can do for the skin.

I was disappointed that it doesn't smell like mangos ;)

I've used it straight on my skin, it melts easily at skin temp and soaks right in.

I made some lip balm with 1/3 sweet almond, 1/3 beeswax and 1/3 mango butter. After a few weeks it got really grainy, worse than Shea tends to. Anyone else have this problem?

Latest posts

Back