Mandy from Memphis

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyV

Reaction score
Hey there. New to soaping. I am not so good at making recipies and I am having issues with soda ash. ARG! Anyway, just looking for a good place to say hey or I need help or something. :)

Hi Mandy and welcome! :wave: Yep, ash happens but it's still annoying! Decreasing my water ratio helped me a ton with ash. My normal is 1.8:1 water:lye ratio and I rarely get ash now.

Welcome, Mandy! :wave:

Since I've been soaping with a water discount and gelling all my soaps, it's about as rare as hen's teeth that my soap ever comes down with ash.

IrishLass :)

I suck at math too! That's when my hubby steps in! haha
I might want to try bees wax. Where do you get yours? Thanks!
Welcome, Mandy! :wave:

Since I've been soaping with a water discount and gelling all my soaps, it's about as rare as hen's teeth that my soap ever comes down with ash.

IrishLass :)

Dear IrishLass,

Thank you for that. I might be the only person in the world that uses individual molds and doesn't do blocks or loafs. haha. I can't cut straight and can't afford a cutter right now. Soda ash is an issue even though I cover them and some I actualy had room in the oven but... last time I tried someones oven process it screwed up an entire batch and I was scared to do it again.

If you don't mind me asking but how do you gel yours and I use a 38% H2O. What percent do you use?

Thanks. :)
Mandy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back