Mandarin essential Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usage Rates: Sweet orange, wild orange, mandarin, and tangerine has no topical max. But bitter orange and blood orange has a topical max of 1.2% unless its stream distilled, then its no topical max.

Usage Rates: Sweet orange, wild orange, mandarin, and tangerine has no topical max. But bitter orange and blood orange has a topical max of 1.2% unless its stream distilled, then its no topical max.

Did you mean "steam distilled"?

I'm trying to find the safe usage rate of mandarin EO in lotions bars (hands and body). The manufacturing process was steam distillation.

The EO calc gives no safe usage rate for the bergamot FCF even if it is bergaptene free. Why is that?

New directions aromatics says it's safe to use in skin products. Their bergamot is manufactured by cold-pressing and the bergaptene is removed from it later in the process.

Yeah i meant steam distilled.

There's no topical max for mandarin, but i think you can only put a maximum of 3% in any product, according to the cpsr. Correct me if im wrong.

Bergamot has a usage rating of 0.4% unless its steam distilled, then there's no topical max. The bergamot with bergaptene or FCF is photosensitive, and the one without isn't.

Latest posts

Back