"man" smells

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NancyRogers said:
I have to sing the praises of NG's The Perfect Man. OMG, I love it. It soaps well, and makes a really sexy body spray. Yummy.

I hear ya! It's my new favorite man scent.

IrishLass :)

I have a guy friend who insists that he wants everything in his life to smell like hay, and wants me to make him a line of hay scented things. Does hay FO even exist?

My husband, who is a bit more reasonable, really likes black pepper, vetiver, pine, and cedarwood. Men usually love citrus scents, rosemary, and spices as well.

My guy is almost as bad an FO ho as I am! LOL I've tried quite a few men scents for him, but I think his favorite is Aqua Di Gio from NG. I just got in a sample of Knock Out from NG and I LOVE it! It's supposed to smell like Old Spice Swagger (I've never smelled that so I can't compare)
Other man scents I have are:
Bay Rum - NG
Tommy - NG
Stud - NG
London for Men - WSP
Green Irish Tweed Type - NG
Dude - NG

I think my favorite scent would be Oakmoss & Amber from CS. I got a bar of soap in that scent in a swap and I soooo need to order a big bottle of it!
I just made my first batch of soap 2 weeks ago, so I haven't tried these scents in it. He insists in roll on colognes of all of these. LOL

I did a market last month, and most of the men bought the soap I made with Oatmeal, Milk & Honey from WSP.

With all these wonderful ideas, I'm going to have "man" soap comming out of my ears for years! :wink:

I'm finding more and more men are buying a soap I make with lemon myrtle EO ... and for an FO - Cool water (BB or SC)

Being a man, I can say that the smells we like are usually just as varied as those women like. While most men do enjoy musky/woodsy scents, I know plenty who don't (myself included). I'd say most commonly, our orange and lime scented soaps have been the most popular with men.

I read one article from a seasoned soaper that said her clove bar was popular for men. Oak moss and oud are man smells as well. I have a vial of oud EO but its so expensive, I almost don't want to use it!.

Interesting... I've gotta agree with rileylite. BTW, my favourite eo to use at the moment is a mix of Lemon Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Citriodora. Citrus scents with anti-bad goodness! I'm impartial to a good citrus scent. Great against wrestling cooties as well!

I've gotta try the Tobacco scent, it sounds great. Is there a cheaper alternative to buying the absolute? That stuff is a bit on the expensive side.

genny, tobacco caramel, I just made it I thought it was for girls, I like it.

Black Canyon from peak is my best selling mens scent, it is awesome. And... they are having a sample sale right now!

i experimented with Dragons Blood this year and promptly sold it all out to golfers in this area since i called it Par Four. it's as much the name as the fragrance for most men.

Mr. Soap said:
i experimented with Dragons Blood this year and promptly sold it all out to golfers in this area since i called it Par Four. it's as much the name as the fragrance for most men.

I agree with all of the FO mentioned above. My DH loves them all. If you are looking for another fantastic male scent, try Oakmoss & Amber (Candle Science).

kharmon320 said:
Oakmoss and amber is yummy in lotion and conditioner. SueBear, how did it soap for you?

To be honest, I don't remember. It has been awhile since I soaped it but I guess if it was a problem fragrance I would have remembered that. I am ordering more of it this week and will soap it again soon and can give you an update then.

I love Bitter Creek's Oakmoss. I used Candle Science's Dragon's Blood and I liked it OOB, but I'm just sick of the smell at this point, mainly because my mother didn't think and threw some of my supplies with FO residue into the dishwasher. It took a week to get the smell out, even using vinegar in the rinse to try to cut the scent. The hot & humid Dragon's Blood is just enough to turn me off the scent for a LONG time.

I did make a batch using Candle Science's Fruit Slices (had to use a bit of Bitter Creek's FS and it smelled the same OOB) and even my hubby is loving the smell, though we can't use it for another 4-6 weeks :lol:

I only use a few of the CS fragrances (one's not found elsewhere) because their selection is so small and I can find a lot of the same fragrances they carry at larger suppliers.

They also have a fragrance called Brandied Pear that is incrediable. Oh and I like their Mediteranian Fig (Peak has this one too).

What is NG? I know about Sweetcakes and Brambleberry and Wholesale Suppliers. But who is NG? I am always on the lookout for new FO and EO places to lighten my wallet for me. :)

What about the Leather FO from BB? I saw it today and was intrigued by it. Do any men even like the leather scent or mixed in something else?

I've found that more women like leather, especially leather mixed with vanilla. But it could just be a regional thing.

Latest posts

Back