"man" smells

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockabooie

Reaction score
My husband HATES using liquid soap, he just likes using one bar, boom bam, done! lol. But he's kinda a manly man and doesn't want to use anything "girly"

I was just curious what kind of sents are your favorite "manly" scents. haha

Are you looking at FO's or EO's? I had the same issue with my husband. Nature's garden has 2 FO's he loves (and they smell amazing). 1. Very Sexy for Men and 2. Black Type for Men. Both soap incredibly well for me and the scents are to die for.

My husband doesn't like FOs as a general rule. He does like woodsy scents (try NG's Cracklin Birch if you prefer FO), citrus, lemongrass, herbal blends, mint/eucalyptus, etc. Patchouli straight, not so much, but in a blend, yes.

FO or EO, I didn't really care. :) thank you both for the suggestions, I'm guessing woodsy is probably the best way to go.

I just recently soaped a sample of an amazing manly scent from Nature's Garden called The Perfect Man. Oh my goodness- it is sooooooo goooood. I'm definitely ordering more of this one, and I'm going to make sure it's a great big bottle! :lol: It smells that awesome to me. And it soaps great, too.

Other regular favorites of my men around here are:

Masculine Musk from SweetCakes
Salty Sailor from Daystar
Green Irish Tweed from TheScentWorks and also Oregon Trails
Classic Old Spice-type from Oregon Trails
Paradise from Daystar
Santa's Pipe from SweetCakes
Bayberry from Peak's
Midsummer's Night from WSP
Frankincense & Myrrh from TheScentWorks

And I'm sure my list will grow as I get around to soaping all the man samples I recently ordered from Nature's Garden, Peak's and SweetCakes.

IrishLass :)

Atlas Cedarwood and Patchouli with a titch of balsam EOs make a very sexy "man" blend to me. I'm just starting to experiment with FOs and have heard several suggestions for Drakkar FOs too. Apparently, it drives some women wild though, so maybe use with caution for your husband :lol:

I have a lot of men that like:
Green Irish Tweed from NG
Kentish Rain from BB
Tobacco Caramel from NG
Black Raspberry Vanilla from NG (this one surprised me, but it is a little musky)

I just remembered a study that was done on what scents men found most arousing sexually. Pumpkin pie and lavender topped the list. Go figure. Donuts weren't far behind. I don't know if men want to smell like that but I've been tempted to make a lavender/pumpkin soap for myself and see what happens!

judymoody said:
I just remembered a study that was done on what scents men found most arousing sexually. Pumpkin pie and lavender topped the list. Go figure. Donuts weren't far behind. I don't know if men want to smell like that but I've been tempted to make a lavender/pumpkin soap for myself and see what happens!

LOL:) Men might start wanting to take bites out of you!

Thank you all for your reply's. I'll have to save this thread to my computer so I remember all the suggestions! :D

I'm really curious about the Black Raspberry Vanilla one, since it sounds more "girl like" but my husband likes the smell of raspberries.

again, thank you guys!

I found it strange that I had so many men say how much they love it. I don't even call it Black Raspberry Vanilla, I call it Bad Betty and I still have men asking for it. I've had other soapers tell me that they have a lot of men that love Black Raspberry Vanilla, too.

My husbands' kind of weird though, he doesn't like all those manly type scents, his favorite soap scent is baby powder. Must be why we have 5 kids LOL

Genny said:
I found it strange that I had so many men say how much they love it. I don't even call it Black Raspberry Vanilla, I call it Bad Betty and I still have men asking for it. I've had other soapers tell me that they have a lot of men that love Black Raspberry Vanilla, too.

My husbands' kind of weird though, he doesn't like all those manly type scents, his favorite soap scent is baby powder. Must be why we have 5 kids LOL

LOL I guess he can't be too weird :wink: if other men are asking for it.

wow, 5 kids! that's great! :)

English Leather is popular and it is amazing to me how many men do love BRV. Another one they like Lavender / Patchouli blended.\

Of course I have a lot of the guy standards, Extremely Sexy for Men, Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed, Drakkar, Old Spice (really, really popular) and then I have a couple of blends that I make which are selling well.

Oh Coconut is another one men seem to really like.

judymoody said:

My hubby saw that test, too, and laughed his head off (don't worry, I put it back on :wink: ) His personal 3 favorites are Old Spice Classic, Salty Sailor and Paradise.

IrishLass :)

lol, i thought that it was a funny test because my DH hates the smell/taste of pumpkin. he tolerates lavender... :?

my hubby adores(as others also) black canyon from Peak, he wont use anything else. I have made hugo(ng) the perfect man(ng) aqua di gio(common scent), crackling birch(ng) that have done well.
Pumpkin- really? my hubby would never use that and doesnt really like cinnamony scents either.

I have to sing the praises of NG's The Perfect Man. OMG, I love it. It soaps well, and makes a really sexy body spray. Yummy.

Latest posts

Back