Man-friendly candle scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyBelly

Reaction score
My husband is often complaining about how "girly" the house smells with all the candles I burn. What are some more man-friendly scent I could try? Maybe I can find something we both can agree on.

Conniescandles.com has a lot of foody-scented candle fragrances like A&W rootbeer and buttered popcorn.

They also have leather and new car fragrances. Now those are manly!

Ooh - I just found a good one: Western Pleasures

They describe it as a warm balance between velvety soft leather and fiery cinnamon

Try Midsummer Night, Black Canyon and Mountain Lake from Peaks.
I also like Eucalyptus Spearmint from Fragrance Oil Heaven. They are all very manly scents!

Citrusy scents and things like sandalwood often appeal to men

Bay Rum or Coconut bay Rum

Straight Lavender (Go figure but men ask for it A LOT)

Oakmoss & Clary Sage from JBN. It is one of my hubby's favorites. Throws great in soy, at 8%, HTP wicks.

My hubby thinks the fruity scents are 'ok' but he really can't stand when I make floral scents.
His preferences are extremely basic:
Clean/Fresh scents of any type...Waterfall Mist, Ocean, Clean Laundry, etc

He's not a cologne-wearer, so the men's cologne types don't work for him. He's just a regular guy who likes to piddle around the yard, work on cars, build on to the house...you know, get dirty & greasy all the time. He's always around kerosene, diesel, turpentine, paint fumes, and stuff like that. So he likes to smell "clean" stuff when he can. He's the same way with soaps that I make. He'll use the ones that have a "soapy" or clean detergent smell, and nothing else.

Green tea or eucalyptus are a little less feminine. Or I've come across a soap fragrance called "Sexy Men Fragrance." I don''t know it's available for candles or not though.

Sandalwood is a great man fragrance, and a company called Trapp sells all kinds of scented candles- I used to sell them at a place where I used to work, and they are amazing, they scent an entire room in minutes. They even have a black pepper scented one. (ahhhchoo?)

My husband LOVES lilac scented candles. He says they remind him of his grandma. He also likes brownie scented ones. I prefer Sandalwood. We are just really messed up at our house... :oops:

dragonfly princess said:
Black Pepper? No thanks!!! Next thing ya know they will come out with an onion scented candle :cry:

I have Tony's Black Pepper and it's great. It's a dark, spicy scent. Not very "peppery".

DH loves Cool Citrus Basil (I hate it).

Latest posts

Back