Making whipped soap sugar scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mia Berger

Reaction score
I'm new at this whipped soap thing but do you really have to have clay in it and what would the ratio be for sugar to whipped soap?

I haven't made whipped soap let alone combine it with sugar, lol. Lots of folks here have so hopefully someone will come along shortly and give you their thoughts!

BTW, welcome to the forum! Head over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself.:)

I haven't made whipped soap let alone combine it with sugar, lol. Lots of folks here have so hopefully someone will come along shortly and give you their thoughts!

BTW, welcome to the forum! Head over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself.:)
Thank you

Here is a tutorial from Soaping101. Her percentages are Whipped Soap Soap 45.5% Sugar 45.5% MCT Oil 5.7% Fragrance 2.8% Preservative 0.5%

Do you think you could slightly elaborate on the percentage for me
45.5% Sugar 45.5% MCT Oil 5.7%Fragrance 2.8% Preservative 0.5% into is cause I'm not very good with percentages, also what does kaolin clay serves in whipped soap

Last edited:
Do you think you could slightly elaborate on the percentage for me
45.5% Sugar 45.5% MCT Oil 5.7%Fragrance 2.8% Preservative 0.5% into is cause I'm not very good with percentages, also what does kaolin clay serves in whipped soap
The percentages are so you can adjust your recipe for the size of batch. So if you made a 10oz batch, you’d need 4.55oz sugar, 4.55oz MCT, etc. Just take your total ounces and multiply it by the percentage to know how much of each ingredient to use.

The percentages are so you can adjust your recipe for the size of batch. So if you made a 10oz batch, you’d need 4.55oz sugar, 4.55oz MCT, etc. Just take your total ounces and multiply it by the percentage to know how much of each ingredient to use.
How much do i multiply it by

How much do i multiply it by
Depends on how much you want to make. You multiply the percentage by your total batch size you want to create. So it varies by your container and the number of containers you will be filling. For example, if you have a 5oz jar and want to fill 10 jars, your total batch size would be 50oz.

Whipped Soap Soap 45.5% Sugar 45.5% MCT Oil 5.7% Fragrance 2.8% Preservative 0.5%

to use this with a calculator figure how much you want to make then it's multiplication you would use.
For ounces.. say 50 oz. total of final product you want.. you do
50 x .455 = 22.75 whip soap, 50 x .455 = 22.75 sugar, 50 x .057 = 2.85 oil, 50 x .028 = 1.4 fragrance and 50 x .005 = .25 oz preservative

Back