Making the big purchases....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to say,i'm sooo glad I found this forum. reading this just cracked me up. Finally someone besides me gets soooo excited about the same things that I do. I've always said,"I'm like A child at christmas time" when I get my orders. Everybody arond my house,(except my 7 year old daughter) thinks i'm nuts. And there are 7 of us. Me, my husband and our 5 children. And nobody really understands my excitement. I just love the fact that now when I want to talk about my ideas and I get excited I'll have someone to talk to that'll actually listen and understand where I'm comming from. :D
Designer_gifts

Neil said:
The witch hazel and Jewelweed go in a poison ivy soap, Thats actually why I started making soap.. My soap making adventures have expanded into a kind of artful creation, A long way from making a treatment for poison ivy.

I love the idea of a handmade bar of poison ivy soap. That is just so cool.

How wonderful for you gallerygirl! I want to get one of his molds and cutter. I hope you have lots of successful batches in your new mold.

I have been waiting and waiting for the time I could afford this expense! They are very reasonably priced, but hey, we are a household of 7 and well.....you know. lol. Everyone here who uses them have had nothing but great comments on theirs, so I see this as a definite necessary purchase. I think it will greatly help my process. I do think that down the line I will have to get a couple more....I am not a very patient person :oops: and have a feeling that the minute I do my first batch in them I will be on the horn for more. :lol: That's okay, this is an investment into a business, right?!?!

:D

You guys! Thanks for everyone's wonderful comments. I get just as much joy as you guys do reading how happy you are using my products. I may be slower to get things out the door, but by golly, your items will be the best made products available on the net and at a reasonable price.

Paul

Paul, that is why I turned to you to fill this need. Quality - excellent quality. When there are so many here who have purchased, used and have come back with all positive comments....why go elsewhere?! :wink:
My wonderful husband is fixing up a nice soaping place for me adjacent to my pottery studio. I am going to also carve out a small home gallery that friends can come and shop whenever, soap and pots. I have done some soap dishes, when they are fired, glazed and re-fired I will post pics. I also have made some lotion pumps, but haven't yet tried to make lotions to fill them...just looking down the road. k

Yay!

gallerygirl said:
I just ordered two of Paul's moulds!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

YIPEEE!!! You're a "TOG Girl" now! :wink:
Now, TRY not to run the delivery man down :lol:

Breathe deeply. Relax. You are in control, gallerygirl.

:lol:

:shock: I don't feel in control. lol. The inner soaper in me has taken over. Maybe the lamaze technique will help. :wink:

I just ordered the dang things and I am already looking out the window and pacing. lol. Poor Paul. The pressure. No worries tho, I haven't placed my big soaping order....pacing myself here.

Paul I bought 8 bottles of the liquid Vit E, I've often thought of buying the gel caps but I havent yet fiquired a way to get the oil out easily. If you find a way let me know. I got 25 oz of 30,000 IU for just over $21.. I couldnt pass it up. I put Vit E in almost every soap. I'm going to order some Tea tree oil from from them next.

Neil said:
Paul I bought 8 bottles of the liquid Vit E, I've often thought of buying the gel caps but I havent yet fiquired a way to get the oil out easily. If you find a way let me know. I got 25 oz of 30,000 IU for just over $21.. I couldnt pass it up. I put Vit E in almost every soap. I'm going to order some Tea tree oil from from them next.

Neil, I think I have it figured out! I took a garlic press, the metal ones, and placed about 8 gel caps in and squeezed.....voila, the liquid came out and into a waiting glass pint Mason jar! It worked perfectly. Just turned it over and discarded the gelatin caps in the trash!

It took me a day but then it hit me. I said; "Dear, where is that garlic press of yours?" 15 minutes later 100 gel caps fresh squeezed.

Paul

Thats great Paul.. I'll have to try it. I recieved my supplies today and I
have my newest creation in the mold!!! 17 ingredients in this soap (poison ivy) and somewhat complexed to get all the ingredients to play with each other.
I also got my FO's from another source!!! new coconut, Mango and a different Orange or two. My FO's are taking over my Desk... what a wonderful problem to have.

Back