Making stamps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsmar4211

Reaction score
I did a search but didn't find anything ( or the search monster is out and about!), but I'm wondering what materials can be used to stamp CP soap?

My goal is to make Christmas gifts for this year, and I was thinking doing a custom stamp on them. I have some experience with rubber stamps, but I'm not sure if the oils/FO/non used lye would affect the rubber? I have Fimo (polymer clay) at my disposal also, same issue with "will it hurt".

Has anyone made their own stamper?:razz:

I briefly thought of trying to make a stamp and then consigned it to the "projects to try in the indefinite future" pile. I found this tute interesting/helpful at the time, though:

http://duhbe.com/blog/2011/04/diy-custom-soap-stamp/

ETA: think you might need something harder to stamp than rubber, though, not sure if the polymer clay would work for that reason, either? She uses resin in this, I think.

I didn't even think of resin! I actually have a tube of the two part that needs to be used up (it goes bad), should be enough for one small stamp. Course, now I"m eying my rubber stamps too LOL

I used resin before but then it didn't work and it stuck all over my stamp haha and then i heard that using acrylic stamps were good and gave that a shot and it worked out a lot better, but it was a bit too pricey. Im taking a shot at metal stamp now.

Dill, have you ordered any? I see why it's so cheap...China LOL. But for a Christmas present might work!! Thanks for posting...

I ordered from someone on etsy called etchit. They were so kind, based in las Vegas Nevada and I got my stamp within a week. It was made of acrylic. Total cost was less than $30 with shipping. 2"x3"

Eta: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Etchit?ref=s2-header-shopname

Just send them a message.

I just looked at their reviews and I'm the one with the "lather and suds" stamp. Someone left a 1 star review after mine and they are the nicest people so I don't know how that could happen. They went above and beyond to help me troubleshoot my design to make sure it would leave a good impression. From first contact to shipment recept it was less than 7days.

Last edited:
If you have a design software and can make the design you want, you can upload it to rubberstamps.net. Their custom wood stamps are excellent and inexpensive.

Dill, have you ordered any? I see why it's so cheap...China LOL. But for a Christmas present might work!! Thanks for posting...

Yes I have one and I am very happy with it. Just cause its from china doesn't always mean its poor quality. I absolutely love buying things from random Chinese ebay shops. So much so that the guys at the post office dont even bother to check my pickup cards or ID anymore. hahaha

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Now I need to get my logo into photoshop and get it fixed up :)

Latest posts

Back