Making soap with Mom

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffamarie

Reaction score
Today my mom came to see me from her home in Georgia. We had a lovely afternoon together and she joined me in making a batch of soap!! She chose the FO (Tobacco Vanille from BA), the colors, the design, and the top. I so enjoyed sharing my hobby with her. Here are a couple photos from our adventure - cut pics to come!!

948F5C34-78A7-4B1C-8C2C-D476966AC58E.jpeg E333F2CD-C560-4D76-AFC1-480FAE598EB5.jpeg
F3598268-314D-4B13-8349-7AE4C5BE062C.jpeg
92024204-5DF9-4338-93E9-FE5EC71B627F.jpeg

Also, your mom looks about 32. Which makes you, @steffamarie , about 12?? I don't think it's legal for you to be living on your own, let alone working with lye!!!!

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!! She really enjoyed herself. I don't think she'll be making any on her own, but I've given her enough to last the rest of her life!! She and I are very close, and that may be helped by the fact that, yes, @MGM, she is a very young lady! She turned 47 in March, and I'm 25. I live in St Louis and she moved down to the Atlanta area five or six years ago, which means that I see her maybe twice a year or so. I do miss her a lot, but we stay in close contact. I had a little bit of a rough childhood (family issues...my somewhat estranged father and I aren't close but I had to visit nonetheless) but she was my constant cheerleader and helped shape me into a strong, independent woman. She's very special to me <3

She's very special to me <3
I bet! And she must be so proud of your soapmaking....you must have been a very good instructor to her for her first loaf to look like it did....you should show her some of the photos from this board to give her a reality check of what a 1st-time soap is *supposed* to look like :) :)

Latest posts

Back