making soap today....are you?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I haven't been in the soaproom in a week - too much celebrating then cleaning up afterwards.

So today is the day!

Batch #1 is in the pot cooling. It has 55% olive, 10% shea, and some castor, palm kernel and coconut....scenting with bay rum F.O. + a smidge of bay eo.

I hope to make 2 more batches before the day is over, not sure what yet...back to my labOratory!

Does anyone here have more than one batch on the go at the same time? I've gotten mixed up a few times doing that, so I don't start a second batch until the first is in the mold.

I plan to cut some soap today and maybe make lotion. Have fun with your other batches!

I did end up making soap! Vanilla Orange with in the pot swirl. I wonder if the FO will discolor...

I just finished making a mold out of a kleenex box. Now heading to soapcalc to redo my recipe. Not sure what FO I'm gonna use...leaning towards OMH.

I wanna wanna wanna.....! Hope to squeeze out some time to make peppermint pumice foot bars.

Naw, I'm in the office today. And my studio is still kinda snowed in - enough so that I'd have to dig my way to the door and I don't wanna... Sigh.

I wish! I'm at work thinking about soap. I hope you all have fun, those of you who are making soap today! I do plan to soap a bunch this weekend, though.

I got my soaphutch mold and haven't used it yet, so this will be a very exciting weekend, indeed! I also ordered a pH meter, which should arrive this week. If it does, I plan to make liquid soap. And I think I'll also make some coffee/kitchen soap and maybe one other.

I hate getting my equipment out and putting it away, so I tend to soap a bunch all in one sitting. So many ideas, so little time! Have fun, everyone! :D

Nope, but I must say that I am ready for my life to slow down a bit and for me to do some laid back fun stuff (soap, photography, read) Busy month here with son #1 coming home for three weeks, first time we have seen him in a year (since he lives so far away) and it has been great having him around.

son #2 had 3rd child, a beautiful little girl. I am loving this grandma thing and I got to make them several meals and do laundry for 2 wks, plus watch their two sons some and do a session of newborn pics.

Son #3 went to Africa for a bit over 2 wks. Helped him get ready and got to hear his stories when he came back. Then he had a week off work to spend here with all of us.

Son #4 is on college break and our nephew is here as well on break. since his parents live in Japan, He usually spend breaks with us.

Son #5 really liked having his brothers around more, but is ready to have some alone time.

Its been a busy month and I loved it. Always great to be together, but now we are ready to get back to our normal lives :D I'll even get to make some soap :)

Yay all of you who managed to find some time to soap, and so sorry for those who couldn't due to snow, or job....blech. Wishing you lots of fun times to soap real soon!

I only made two batches: the bay + bay rum
and a lemongrass/litsea which was requested before Xmas.

Next batch, soon hopefully...will be: drumrolllll.....dunno (I was hoping the drumrolllll would stimulate my imaginations.....)

perhaps Lime/Ginger - both eo's - also a best-seller.

Irena, how did your rose soap turn out? did you ever use a silicone rose muffin mold for those? They work so great for soap.

Woodi said:
Irena, how did your rose soap turn out? did you ever use a silicone rose muffin mold for those? They work so great for soap.
I didn't use a rose muffin mold. I used a multi cavity plastic mold. With hindsight, I should have used less pink. It's more like bubble gum or pepto bismol pink.

Latest posts

Back