Making soap paste with coffee

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcknight86

Reaction score
I have recently made a great soap paste with goat milk where the goat milk is chilled and added at trace. I saw a thread where someone asked about coffee in the paste and diluting with coffee as well but I want to know about just making the paste with coffee and diluting with just water or a water glycerin mix. TIA

I have recently made a great soap paste with goat milk where the goat milk is chilled and added at trace. I saw a thread where someone asked about coffee in the paste and diluting with coffee as well but I want to know about just making the paste with coffee and diluting with just water or a water glycerin mix. TIA
I personally would not dilute LS soap paste with anything other than water or adding in some glycerin/water mix, so most folks do not preserve LS and it can grow uglies including mold especially if adding /diluting with liquids that can grow nasties.

Using coffee as the liquid to make the lye solution may work but you don't want to use it as part of your dilution water for the reason @cmzaha mentioned above. For example, when I make herbal tea to use in the lye solution, even though I store it in the fridge until I'm ready to soap, it goes bad after 3 days.

The recipe I used for my goat milk liquid soap was just water and glycerin in the lye solution and the goat milk was added at trace. Dilution was just with water and a little salt to thicken. I want to do the same recipe but add the coffee at trace. Nowhere else. I don’t want to dilute with coffee. Just water

I personally would not dilute LS soap paste with anything other than water or adding in some glycerin/water mix, so most folks do not preserve LS and it can grow uglies including mold especially if adding /diluting with liquids that can grow nasties.
I don’t want to dilute the soap with coffee. I want to add the coffee to the paste at trace like I do my goat milk soap

Back