Making Soap Design Mania attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I watched a video from Lisa at I Dream in Soap and she was making soaps from the Making Soap magazine Design Mania edition… so I looked it up and ordered a copy. I used WSP Butterfly Flower FO (smells nice OOB and so far in soap, but does have a low usage rate). The design I was trying to copy is called a Châinés Bouquet or Paula Pirouette Swirl. Next time, I’d do one less of each type of hanger swirl called for in the tutorial.
I don’t know what is proper to share since I had to buy the magazine - someone give me some guidance, please?
Anyways, there is a base of TD with 8 colors swirled in…..

IMG_1486.jpeg

I watched a video from Lisa at I Dream in Soap and she was making soaps from the Making Soap magazine Design Mania edition… so I looked it up and ordered a copy. I used WSP Butterfly Flower FO (smells nice OOB and so far in soap, but does have a low usage rate). The design I was trying to copy is called a Châinés Bouquet or Paula Pirouette Swirl. Next time, I’d do one less of each type of hanger swirl called for in the tutorial.
I don’t know what is proper to share since I had to buy the magazine - someone give me some guidance, please?
wow, those are gorgeous! I've seen Paula's work in other forums and have always been in love with her creations. For a first attempt, I'd say you really nailed it!

View attachment 72825
What year was the Design Mania from? Thank you.

What year was the Design Mania from? Thank you.
This year, @bwtapestry 🌸

Pretty soap! Paula Monteith posted a short video of the technique, here. It looks like she’s doing some figure 8s at the beginning, a circular swirl at the end (starting in the center) and what must be the pirouette swirl in the middle. She has some really pretty soaps on her website.
Well, that was helpful! It’s nice to have a visual to go with all the words in the written tutorial. Thank you, @Mobjack Bay 🥰

I did this technique earlier this year with 6 colours, was quite happy how it turned out.
Pretty soap! Paula Monteith posted a short video of the technique, here. It looks like she’s doing some figure 8s at the beginning, a circular swirl at the end (starting in the center) and what must be the pirouette swirl in the middle. She has some really pretty soaps on her website.
This technique was first done by Ione Eve Geist of Eve's Handmade Soaps, so it's not unique to this person.

View attachment 72825
wow!!!

I did this technique earlier this year with 6 colours, was quite happy how it turned out.

This technique was first done by Ione Eve Geist of Eve's Handmade Soaps, so it's not unique to this person.

Yes, Ione does beautiful soap and I remember her being the first to use this technique. She is amazing! ❤️

Latest posts

Back