Making my first ever OHP batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebear

Reaction score
Curious how it'll go.
Unscented to keep things simple, and no color or anything.

10 minutes left in the oven....

I didn't do any extra measures to keep it liquidy - no sodium lactate, or sugar in the water, tho I did use a 27% lye solution which is pretty dilute for me.

Cool beans! Let us know how it goes! HP isn't my favorite thing to do (it takes an uber rebellious, but well loved FO to drag me to it kicking and screaming), but as far as methods of HP go, I like OHP the best.

IrishLass :)

Just put it in the mold, but now notice some loose oil - just a touch - so I'm a little worried about that. Since I didn't need to mix in FO or colorant, I didn't stir that much when I took it out of the oven - so perhaps I should have.

Oh well, it was a relatively inexpensive batch and I can always make another if it turns out poorly!

Oh, by the way - I've done lots of HP in the crockpot, but never in the oven.

I HATE CPHP.

I LOVE CPHP.

People are so different :D

I've never done OHP either. Maybe if it doesn't turn out you can re-HP it? lol.

Good Luck!!!
would love to see photo when it finishes :)

ive only done 3 hot processes EVER - i get so frustrated with the texture because i LOVE the texture of CP.... i guess??

but I love the fact that you can use it so quickly with out waiting so long for a cure (even though i let mine sit about a week to harden up some)

again GOOD LUCK :) postive vibes sent your way

my experience with my crock pot HP is that it still takes 4 weeks to reach the level of quality I require.

technically you can use CP as soon as it stops zapping - it's just not as good as it could be.

Well, I tried to rebatch in the oven but got sidetracked by how nicely the rebatched stuff rolls into balls. Sooooo I ended up making 2# of unscented, uncolored soap balls to be embeds in CP soaps (something I told myself I'd never do).

Will try again tomorrow.

How do I keep the OHP from getting puffy? Was my oven too hot?

Latest posts

Back