Making melt and pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Bell

Reaction score
I have looked and looked for an easy melt and pur but all I can find is semi complicated recipes are there any easy melt and pour recipes(to make the actual soap)?

Are you asking about making transparent soaps from scratch? M&P is an already made base, and you do not need recipes for that. Just your imagination and something to melt it in!

I'm afraid that handmade melt and pour is complicated, you'll not find a simple recipe.

If you are looking to make your own m&p base I will warn you, while not hard to make, to make a quality m&p base it takes a lot of ingredients and will cost much more than purchasing a nice base from a company like Essentials by Catalina or other suppliers such as Wholesale Supplies Plus. EBC makes their own bases in house and they are very nice bases. They also sell Stephenson's bases. If you really want a fairly simple m&p base to make pm me and I will give you a recipe to start with, it is an okay soap that will remelt but it fiddly as it will tend to wrinkle on top when remelted and poured in molds.

Are you asking about making transparent soaps from scratch? M&P is an already made base, and you do not need recipes for that. Just your imagination and something to melt it in!

Yes a transparent soap from scratch that can be melted

Transparent soap is more complicated than CP or regular HP, but can be done! There is a recipe in the book The Everything Soapmaking book by Alicia Grosso that is very easy to learn from!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back