Making Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjuconnfan

Reaction score
I am watching videos which show how to make embeds. It was stated that the embeds must be the same type of base as the other soap they are going in. So using a MP soap to make embeds or buying pre-made ones won't work with making a HP/ CP soap right? So if I want to make embeds I imagine I need a small batch...of the same soap for the bars. Do I just use a calculator and break the recipe down and make a little bit? or can I use the MP? Or maybe only use embeds with MP? I am guessing it is tricky to get the timing right otherwise?

It was stated that the embeds must be the same type of base as the other soap they are going in.

Not true! Like lsg said in her post above, folks use M&P embeds in CP or HP without a problem. As a matter of fact I've been doing so for over 10 years.

You can make CP embeds, too, if you desire (I've done so a few times myself), but it's so much more easy and convenient to make them via MP.

IrishLass :)

I use embeds ALL the time. Well, almost all the time. Never had problems. Just cannot pour too cold, so it won't separate IMO.

Check my photos. Many of them have them.

Latest posts

Back