Making dye chips help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making up some soy melt "kits" for my nieces & nephews for Christmas presents this year as they can be fun to make and only need a little bit of adult help. I was thinking of making up some dye chips for them to use as it will be less messy than the liquid dye I use when making my melts and candles.
Only thing is I have no idea what ratio of dye to wax to use to make the chips.

I only want to make a few colours (probably just the primary colours) and maybe only 10 of each, that way they can get 2 of each colour in their "kit".

Any help would be appreciated as my googling has only taken me to places to buy chips from or how to use them.

TIA
Dill

Color the wax, then drop a bit on wax paper, and let it cool. If it's the color you want that's the ratio you use, if not, keep adding until you get it. That the best way to get the colors you want IMO.

That is a fun idea. Yes, you can mix your dye into the wax and put it in a mold or do the wax paper trick that jcandleattic suggested. There are lots of little candy/chocolate/embed molds out there that are fairly cheap if you wanted to keep them all the same. You would simply place our mold in something with sides, pour your mixture, then tap your pan to get out air pockets.

Latest posts

Back