Making colum mould soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy von Elling

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I made some cold processed hearts using a silicone mould. I thought I would create my own column hearts by sticking them together to make a long column and then add them to the soap so the heart would be inside. But they won't stick. I've used melt and pour but they keep coming apart has anyone had success doing it this way, or do I need to purchase an actual comun mould? Thanks for any suggestions :)

You may not need make a column that sticks together. If you have a loaf mold you can fill the mold halfway, put the hearts in partially hardened soap, then add the top layer. if you plan it right you can aim to cut a heart in half when you slice your bars so no one can tell it’s not a solid center. By the time your bars get small enough to notice it won’t matter anyway

Are they flat on both sides? You might need to plane them so they are flat and then try sticking them together with the m&p.

Thank you - this helped :)

You may not need make a column that sticks together. If you have a loaf mold you can fill the mold halfway, put the hearts in partially hardened soap, then add the top layer. if you plan it right you can aim to cut a heart in half when you slice your bars so no one can tell it’s not a solid center. By the time your bars get small enough to notice it won’t matter anyway

This is a great idea... thank you for this. I think I will try it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back