Making a Whipped Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellomimi

Reaction score
Hello! My husband is going to buy me a few new ingredients for formulating and I’ve decided I finally want to make a wash off product!

I’ve been wanting to make a whipped soap but I’m a bit confused as to how? I’ve seen several different tutorials, however, everyone seems to do use different methods (Im talking about the steps they take to prepare it, not the ingredients). There doesn’t seem to be a standard, and my usual trusted source, SwiftCraftyMonkey, doesn’t have a recipe 🥲.

Any pointers/tips you guys have for me?

everyone seems to do use different methods (Im talking about the steps they take to prepare it, not the ingredients). There doesn’t seem to be a standard,
That's because everyone does the same thing differently. You just have to find a method that works for you.
What I do is make sure my recipe oils are nice a cool, and then put those oils in my blender and start blending on low once it's creamy I start very slowly add my lye solution. Then in incremental stages once it's reached emulsion, I will up the blending speed until it's nice and fluffy, adding any scent periodically as well. If I want the soap to be colored all one color I add the colors to the oils before blending. If I want a swirl, I will add after I stop blending and before molding.

HTH

Maybe first describe what you mean by a whipped soap. Something scoopable? A true soap or a bath & body cleansing mousse? A floating soap (that's sounds like what jcandleattic is making)? Were you thinking a soap based product or a syndet?

If you're thinking more of a foaming bath whip (cleansing mousse), have a look at this recipe by DIY Bath & Body. It's going to come across like I'm advertising but I just love her products and this one is pretty darned good. It's a syndet based body wash that can be made into other ingredients as well (it makes an amazing shampoo!)

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/726...ipe&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Latest posts

Back