Making a pumpkin scented soap look pumkin-like?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
Ok, girls -and boys :wink: -, I need your quick help & expertise!
I'm wanting to make a nice soap with my new 'Perfekt Pumpkin' scent, but I don't just want to make it 'plain' with opaque or clear M&P.
I do have some orange/golden liquid soap coloring, but that's more of a brighter orange I'd use for orange EO scented soap...

Do you have any idea what I'd use (maybe some spices?) to make it look more accordingly to its scent??? (The 'Cinnabun' scented soap I've made with opaque base and added simply some cinnamon to it, that made it already more brownish-cinnamon-y looking..)

I'm very tempted to add some canned pumpkin, but I think unless I add some GSD [which I don't have], the pumpkin is going to make the soap go bad? Am I right??? I have no idea! :oops: :lol:

I'd appreciate if you'd help me out here! :D
Thank you!

Aww darn it, smelli..
and here I was, opening this thread, hoping someone would have a great idea! :lol:

I know I've seen a CP recipe using real pumpkin and the fragrance and it looked awesome. But since M&P is different re using real food (at least w/o GSE) I'm clueless here :roll: :lol:

Guys, would carrot juice produce an "orangish" color with the scent? Just wondering. A LOT of people use carrot juice in CP soap for coloring and it's good for your skin too!

Paul.... :wink:

Tabitha said:
Food in M&P is a bad, bad idea!
I wasn't aware that it's that bad! :shock:
I have a few recipes in a book where canned pineapple etc. is being used.. wow!.. Didn't know!

So I guess, also Paul's suggestion with carrot juice is a no-go, huh?..

Thanks for the link, Tab. I'll read up about it tonight when my 2 monsters are in bed and I have peace! :lol:

I didn't know about that in M&P either. I have never used M&P, so I'm really no help in that department! CP, that another. 8)

FitMommyOf2 said:
Now I'm gonna sound stupid, but what are oxides? :oops: (I'm German, in case you wonder, so some vocabularies are just unknown to me :oops: )

Where would I get those oxides? :roll:

Iron oxides yield pigments that are widely used in the cosmetic field. They are considered to be nontoxic, moisture resistant, and nonbleeding. Iron oxides graded safe for cosmetic use are produced synthetically in order to avoid the inclusion of ferrous or ferric oxides, and impurities normally found in naturally occurring iron oxides.

I don't know if you live in US or Germany.

Irena

OOPS, sorry!! Somehow I hit the wrong button; instead of 'quote' I hit 'edit' and now it's gone what you wrote!!! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tab,
the book is called 'Melt & Pour Soap Crafting' and is written by C.Kalia Westermann. She mentions 2 recipes; one using frozen raspberries in combo with vit. E and another one with fresh pinapple and banana + coconut milk and GSE...

It makes sense with not being thought of selling the soaps but using ASAP!
Thanks again for your thorough explanation! Made a lot of sense to me; I'll keep my hands off fruit or veggies!

Yea, I told you that when Irena joined she would be a big help around here! She and I have "known" each other through other forums for a couple years now! Your a peach Irena! 8) :D

Latest posts

Back