Making a mold of a glass coke bottle (and others)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
Some of you have mentioned making silicone molds by, I guess, casting the item in silicone. Can this also be done with plastic and a vacuum sealant (two pieces of moldable plastic heated then put in a plastic (high temp) bag and vacumming the air out of the bag. This makes the two hot pieces of plastic form the shape of whatever is being molded. IDK if this works with soaps but I think it is done for things like chocolates, candies and maybe candles.

If anyone does this with silicone, what silicone do you use? I've found a lot of different types. One site had probably 30 variations or RTV silicone with different types of hardeners and such.

This mold making intimidates me for some reason.

As your title suggests - making a mould of a glass coke bottle.

You would be breaching a copyright of a well known product and could be sued if you made one.

^ What Relle said! At the very least, I would contact the Coca Cola Company and start the process of asking for permissions first. Keep you from an ugly lawsuit.

I'm not making a mould of a coke bottle, it is just a recognizable item that is similar to what I want to mould. So instead of describing what was to be moulded, I used that.

Latest posts

Back