Makeyourown headache

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrrggg… I purchased a bath bomb press kit (unassembled) and mold from makeyourown, at least I thought I did. What arrived was a used, assembled bath bomb press, way overpriced for what it is. No mold. But now, when I go to their website, the manual press is not there. I have a junky press with no mold and I am out $279. I will call them tomorrow, but I am weary of battles like these. I have no way to prove that what I received is not what I ordered because the order confirmation only said “bath bomb press” (the options to send it unassembled and to add a mold were at checkout). The press without a mold was under $200. They don’t take returns. Any advice is welcome. 😐
Oh, I received the package Friday but didn’t open it until today.
edit update:
I called this morning as soon as they opened, they admitted the error and are sending a UPS pickup ticket! I’m so relieved. Hopefully the ticket and refund will go smoothly.

Last edited:
Just the fact that it's used/missing the mold should be enough to allow a return. I would also email them to have a hard copy of your complaint and their response.
WSP has always been pretty decent about correcting mistakes. I once had a package that I didn't open for over a month because I didn't need anything in the shipment immediately. When I realized there was an issue with the order they corrected it but advised that normally complaints should be made within 10 days of receiving a package.
If they stick by the 'No Return' policy, I would file a dispute with whatever form of payment you used - Paypal, CC company, bank - on the basis that you received used equipment with missing parts.
I'm so sorry this happened to you!

I have only had one teenie problem with a wsp order. One of the butters i ordered was on back order (not a problem, just a minor disappointment). I felt like i was waiting a really long time for it, so i went to the website and it was no longer on backorder. I emailed them and the sent it next day delivery. I guess somehow it had been forgotten. But they rectified it immediately. So you might have some luck with sending them a quick note about the product you received.

I once had a package that I didn't open for over a month because I didn't need anything in the shipment immediately.
I have only had one teenie problem with a wsp order.
FYI: I learned early on to count containers, tops & bottoms, as soon as they arrived. It didn't happen often but every once in a while there was more of one than the other. Easily corrected. WSP shipped the missing pieces promptly with an apology. Good people to do business with. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back