Majestic Mountain Sage FOs - worth it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carrot and Bitter Orange Orchid were two of my favs, but are sadly discontinued. However, I absolutely LOVE their Wild Mild and Ivy---I fell in love with 15 years ago (when they still had those other two) and I love it even more now. It's perfect in soap and make a FABULOUS shampoo. I also made some wax tarts with it--such a fresh scent.
I added Blood Orange and Thyme (one fragrance) to my order, and it is wonderful too.

Carrot and Bitter Orange Orchid were two of my favs, but are sadly discontinued. However, I absolutely LOVE their Wild Mild and Ivy---I fell in love with 15 years ago (when they still had those other two) and I love it even more now. It's perfect in soap and make a FABULOUS shampoo. I also made some wax tarts with it--such a fresh scent.
I added Blood Orange and Thyme (one fragrance) to my order, and it is wonderful too.
I thought the Wild Mint & Ivy sounded good too.

@Zany_in_CO & @dibbles Osmanthus is in my cart for sure. I like the description on Green Tea, Ginger Milk and Tahitian Vanilla. I also thought Bergamot & Chamomile, Awapuhi and Lemon Verbena sounded good. Gosh, so many goodies and so few $$ to go around :) I may have to wait till next month for this order.

They've become my #1 supplier. I'm only an hour away from them but they have great quality. Prices are higher on FO but the quality and variety is top notch. And free shipping on orders over $200.

I have used MMS for years. I like them and they have some great fragrances. I currently use the Tassi Lavender, and Gardenia but have used plenty of others. I don't think they are perfect and I have tested some of their fragrances that didn't last as long as I thought they should for the price or that I didn't like. I test their scents in 1 oz FO tests just like other companies. If I find fragrances that work well and the scent lasts for sale then their price is worth it.

Osmanthus did not work out well for me, it was just not strong enough for my customers or for me. Shows how different our noses are. Tassi Lavender, I did use from MMS. My daughter purchased most of her fragrances from MMS while I purchased from other suppliers. She loved their Mango Sorbet while I preferred the one from Natures Garden.

I am wondering about their fragrance calculator. I have bought from them before like EARTH which I love but thinking of Tassi Lavender but according to their calculator I'd use less than 2 ounces for strong scent on a 60 ounce (fats only) batch. Even with the essential oil lavender, I am almost at a 4 ounce on that batch. DO YOU follow their calculator? Looking to try some but Leary of that calculator.

Latest posts

Back