Magnetic soap holders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Reaction score
New-Practical-Magnetic-Soap-Holder-Container-Dispenser-Wall-Attachment-Adhesion-Soap-Dishes.jpg
(not mine, photo shamelessly stolen from the interwebz)

What is your opinion on this alternative to soap dishes? It's quite common across my wider family to have those, and barbaric peasants as they are (I love them all šŸ˜˜) it is common practice to squeeze a crown cap into the soap bar (cradle-to-cradle DIY upcycling, 1960s edition). I'm having a bad conscience towards the soap, though, seeing the caps catch rust and discolour the soap into a brownish tint ā€“ red DOS flags! Retrospectively, it might well be that I've had contact with this kind of ā€œDOS on commandā€ on commercial soaps since my childhood.
Besides the crown cap loathing, the concept of the magnetic soap holder itself is intriguing. Any moisture can drip off, essentially the whole bar is aerated and can dry up well after each usage.

And: Do you know of someone who puts (coated!) metal pieces into a soap bar at making time, to make it adhere to a magnet? I can't imagine that I'm the first to come up with this idea.

I've posted this into the ā€œLabels & Packagingā€ section, since it's not a topic of the soapmaking process itself (if not even more valid for M&P than soap-from-scratch), and this place seemed somehow appropriate (soaps with brewery ā€œlabelsā€ šŸ¤£).

Ooh that's a point...

(Visions of soaps jumping around the room to attach themselves to random metal objects...)

I was watching a korean YouTuber who was using this. You just press the magnet into the soap when you are done using it. She was using "special" dish and fruit/vegetable wash soap. She said it had salt and sugar in it and that it got rid of pesticides. All I was thinking was "Why didn't I think of that!!??" šŸ˜‚

Latest posts

Back