Quantcast

Made Green Tea Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

brian0523

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
315
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
I made green tea soap last night with FO purchased from Brambleberry. Very nice scent! Would work great in any B&B product.

Could you put actual green tea leaves in the soap mix, or wouldn't it hold up very well? Just thinking about how I could dress it up next time.

I don't have any "additives" for my soaping experiments right now - once I feel more comfortable making soap, I'll invest in all the artsy supplies.
 

CPSoaper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Absolutely you can put the green tea leaves in your soap. When I make green tea soap, I use green tea as my liquid and then add the tea leaves in the soap. you should post pictures of your soap. I bet it smells divine.

brian0523 said:
I made green tea soap last night with FO purchased from Brambleberry. Very nice scent! Would work great in any B&B product.

Could you put actual green tea leaves in the soap mix, or wouldn't it hold up very well? Just thinking about how I could dress it up next time.

I don't have any "additives" for my soaping experiments right now - once I feel more comfortable making soap, I'll invest in all the artsy supplies.
 

brian0523

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
315
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Now why didn't I think of that? Mental note - use real green tea as the water next time! Duh! lol

Thanks for the tip!!!
 

Lane

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest, USA
When I make Chai Tea Soap (FO from BB) I use real Chai tea in my recipe. I have never used the "stuff" in the bag as an additive tho... Hmmm... might have to try that...

Pictures Brian!
 

Lane

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest, USA
Yes, usually all the leaves turn brown because of the lye, I believe
 
G

Guest

<small_hijack>

Hey Lane - How does that Chai tea FO compare with Starbucks? I am addicted to their Chai Latte.

I swear they add some addictive substances to their drinks. For real. :shock:

</end_hijack>
 

Tabitha

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
142
Location
Texas
Leaves turn bbrown in M&P too, and there is no lye there.
 

CPSoaper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
My tea leaves do turn brown. My soap is a tannish color from the tea. It does not look bad and gives it a very natural look with the tea leaves looking very subtle. The tea from one bag is not enough to be too scrubbie nor does it end up looking like bugs like some additives can. Later I'll post a picture so you can see.
 

Lane

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest, USA
Marr said:
<small_hijack>

Hey Lane - How does that Chai tea FO compare with Starbucks? I am addicted to their Chai Latte.
</end_hijack>
I am SOOOOO in love with the lovely Starbucks Chai Latte. Thats why I wanted to try the FO. The FO smells similar but not as...creamy. I added about 1/2 cup of "tea" (Lipton Chia, used 6 bags) so that would have affected the smell a bit.
 

CPSoaper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to get my picture to upload.

I will try again. I'm having problems with my camera loading it on the computer. For some reason my camera keeps turning off in the middle of trying to get the picture loaded.
 

Lane

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest, USA
CPSoaper said:
For some reason my camera keeps turning off in the middle of trying to get the picture loaded.
Mine does that allll the time...usually it means ya need new batteries.
 

CPSoaper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Lane said:
CPSoaper said:
For some reason my camera keeps turning off in the middle of trying to get the picture loaded.
Mine does that allll the time...usually it means ya need new batteries.
Mine does the same thing but I was not thinking it needed new batteries because I just replaced them with what I thought was new batteries. But come to find out, what I thought were new batteries that my husband just gave me so I could post this, were not.
 
G

Guest

Lane said:
Marr said:
<small_hijack>

Hey Lane - How does that Chai tea FO compare with Starbucks? I am addicted to their Chai Latte.
</end_hijack>
I am SOOOOO in love with the lovely Starbucks Chai Latte. Thats why I wanted to try the FO. The FO smells similar but not as...creamy. I added about 1/2 cup of "tea" (Lipton Chia, used 6 bags) so that would have affected the smell a bit.
Yum! I will have to try this one. Maybe in a milk soap to see if I can get the creamy bit. Thanks Lane!
 

mandolyn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
7
Location
Nebraska
green tea

I used green tea EO in my M&P along with some olive oil & vitamin E oil. I also steeped a tea bag in 1/4 c water & let it sit while the soap melted, then added it to my mix along the tea leaves from one bag ground fine with a mortor & pestel.

The bars turned out brown with flecks. Verrrry earthy looking!! I LOVE the smell!. It's one of my favorite recipes.

Mandy
 

seaysoap

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbia, South Carolina
Thanks for the Tea Tree tip

I don't like buying FO as it is at times a guess. Often my guess end up being wrong. Just knowing someone like a scent is enough to make me want to try it. I did order some of the Tea Tree, made a batch, and it does smell nice.
 

mandolyn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
7
Location
Nebraska
Here's a pic of my first M&P including Green Tea

OK! I finally have a link to a pic. Still haven't figured out how to get a pic in my message, though. hmm...

Here's a pic of my 1st M&P's including the very dark Green Tea. They look pretty boring. I'm still designing my Scottish Thistle Soaps label. The gold "handmade" label looks awful, & I won't be using them.

The Green Tea are the 2 darkest bars. The lighter browns are Deep Sandalwood & Spicey Almond (you can't see it, but there are flecks of nutmeg in them), the Lavender is Lavender, the translucent golden brown is Light Sandalwood with Nutmeg sprinkled in & the green is Chamomile and Tea Tree with ground Chamomile flowers stirred in.

I'll try to get some close-up pics, because you can't see the good stuff in the bars.

[img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8666/shrinkwrappedix2.th.jpg]

Mandy
 
Top