“Made from people for people”

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Made from people for people" ... is the by-line of an art exhibition.

Tickets have just been released for next years Adelaide Festival.

Part of the exhibition is a display of a liposuction video ... and soap made from human fat
The 125g bars are for sale ... for $32 each.

(Would you buy one?)

https://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/events/schuldfabrik/
(Sale proceeds go to well drilling in the Congo, and one bar of soap per sale will be donated)

Happy Halloween :eek:

I'll admit I've always been curious about human soap but I don't know if I could actually use it. I know I would never spend that kind of money, I'd rather just donate then buy a worthless overpriced product.
Hope the soap they are donating isn't people:eek:

I would probably not try it. I did do some searching (if anything happens to me, pray for whomever has the task of looking through my search history) and found that human fat analyzed from surgical tissue samples is mostly comprised of palmitic and oleic acids. This is, of course, very similar to lard and tallow, which makes sense. So I would guess human fat would perform much like those two do in soap, and the resulting bar is probably pretty decent...in the loosest sense of the word lol

AaU9y0c.gif

No.
Just....no.
Happy Halloween!⚰⚰

I would probably not try it. I did do some searching (if anything happens to me, pray for whomever has the task of looking through my search history) and found that human fat analyzed from surgical tissue samples is mostly comprised of palmitic and oleic acids. This is, of course, very similar to lard and tallow, which makes sense. So I would guess human fat would perform much like those two do in soap, and the resulting bar is probably pretty decent...in the loosest sense of the word lol
I volunteer for a missing persons organization. I can pull together a team of people and k-9's and we will come look for you. Ill try not to let anyone near your google history too. :)

All I could think of while reading this thread is Fight Club and how they would jump over fences in the middle of the night to steal bags of human fat from liposuction clinics.

So that mental image plus the general ick factor is a double NO for this gal!

Latest posts

Back