Made a soap cutter today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulboy1973

Reaction score
Well, after looking at prices of soap cutters and with me not being a soap business realising the cost just isn’t worth it I decided to knock up one of my own. I looked at photos of several cutters and some videos of cutters being used and made one. I am waiting for my guitar string to come then I’ll be ready to use it. What do you think. It cost around $5.00 in total.
7A63B304-A0BE-4B71-B5C3-D046C1D7C2F8.jpeg

Thanks @Dawni. I'm lucky in that I have a trade background so am able to make things myself and also have the tools needed to hand even though the tools were only a drill and a jigsaw. That's why I enjoy making soap. I like to see something and have a go, it keeps my mind active.

Last edited:
Well, after looking at prices of soap cutters and with me not being a soap business realising the cost just isn’t worth it I decided to knock up one of my own. I looked at photos of several cutters and some videos of cutters being used and made one. I am waiting for my guitar string to come then I’ll be ready to use it. What do you think. It cost around $5.00 in total.

Good for you. I'm still using a cheese slicer...works for me right now.

View attachment 42592
Looks great! Any chance you'll put dimensions and instructions in a public place like Pinterest?

The frame of the jigsaw is ample for me to do this.
Are suggesting using a jigsaw modified for this, or that your photo, the metal WAS a jigsaw? I had not seen one that "deep" in the past. I am intrigued tho, as the jigsaw idea, if I could figure out how to "attach" to a hinge seems a pretty straight forward way to achieve this.

Last edited:
Back